News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Nowhere Cold!

Started by Painter, March 18, 2024, 09:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter

In the past couple of days, Deion Sanders has made it abundantly clear that he does not want his son Shedeur, a QB likely to be a high pick in next year's Draft, to be taken by any team which plays its games in cold weather, November- January in the open air.

That could create an Archie/Eli Manning- opposite type squeeze for Our Heroes should it so develop, or for the Jets should Aarogant Rodgers decide to pack it in. Hmm?

Cheers!

spiderblue43

So..Shedont pick me if its frosty? Shedeurly you jest. They have warmers on the sidelines..longjohns..etc.

Not a good look.

Philosophers

Quote from: Painter on March 18, 2024, 09:00:21 PMIn the past couple of days, Deion Sanders has made it abundantly clear that he does not want his son Shedeur, a QB likely to be a high pick in next year's Draft, to be taken by any team which plays its games in cold weather, November- January in the open air.

That could create an Archie/Eli Manning- opposite type squeeze for Our Heroes should it so develop, or for the Jets should Aarogant Rodgers decide to pack it in. Hmm?

Cheers!

Larry - When I hear the kid talk, he sounds like a really good kid.  No pretense.

When dad talks, I hear Lonzo Ball's dad.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

spiderblue43

Quote from: Philosophers on March 18, 2024, 10:02:18 PMLarry - When I hear the kid talk, he sounds like a really good kid.  No pretense.

That's what I hear too. Haven't sensed his kid is a problem. For Prime to make that "insistence" doesn't help at all.

What's next? Build my kid a dome!?

T200

Is he going to tell him to sit out a cold weather playoff game too?  :hmm:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

ralphpal1

Lonzo ball dad made his kids millions and.no one got arrested

LennG

Prime Time Jr, but only in warm weather.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 18, 2024, 10:11:00 PMWhy?

My guess is that Deion Sanders knows that cold-weather QBs have it harder than doom and warm-weather QBs.  I suspect if anyone did a proper statistical breakdown, they would find the cold-weather QBs probably lose 5% off their stats over a season.   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 19, 2024, 01:46:37 PMMy guess is that Deion Sanders knows that cold-weather QBs have it harder than doom and warm-weather QBs.  I suspect if anyone did a proper statistical breakdown, they would find the cold-weather QBs probably lose 5% off their stats over a season.   
He just sent a message out to any prospective warm weather team that the kid hates the cold and or can't play in the cold. That doesn't bode well for away games.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

If I was advising him, I'd say: "Toughen up Nancy, it's NFL football. You are going to take physical beatings, fan and media criticism, ice baths after games (even in Miami) to heal the bumps and bruises, and more than half the teams play in the north where playing in the cold is just part of being an NFL player. No team is going to coddle you like an overly sensitive child"
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Painter

Quote from: Philosophers on March 18, 2024, 10:02:18 PMLarry - When I hear the kid talk, he sounds like a really good kid.  No pretense.

I hear you, Joseph. And indeed, I know exactly what you mean. Well put.

Cheers!

DaveBrown74

I agree that Shaddeur comes off as a nice kid, and he may well be, but his Dad is a egotistical blowhard who will be extremely difficult to deal with if his son is on your team. Sounds like we're out of the running anyway given we're a cold weather team with no retractable roof (even though we paid enough to have one with the stadium build thanks to getting taken to the cleaners by Tony Soprano types). But even if we somehow were in the running, I'd have to be absolutely head over heels with this kid to consider getting involved in all that drama.

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 19, 2024, 03:14:39 PMI agree that Shaddeur comes off as a nice kid, and he may well be, but his Dad is a egotistical blowhard who will be extremely difficult to deal with if his son is on your team. Sounds like we're out of the running anyway given we're a cold weather team with no retractable roof (even though we paid enough to have one with the stadium build thanks to getting taken to the cleaners by Tony Soprano types). But even if we somehow were in the running, I'd have to be absolutely head over heels with this kid to consider getting involved in all that drama.

So true.  What over bearing parent to a team sport kid ever actually helped the kid?

uconnjack8

Quote from: Philosophers on March 19, 2024, 03:21:57 PMSo true.  What over bearing parent to a team sport kid ever actually helped the kid?

Archie Manning