News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants Should Not Draft A QB In First Round

Started by MightyGiants, March 25, 2024, 10:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 25, 2024, 02:19:19 PMI will add this, I did some real digging.  If the Giants don't grab a QB in round one, it seems highly unlikely they will find a potential (even developmental) starting QB in day 2 or 3.  Maybe Spencer Rattler, but he seems like a long shot to become a top 10 QB.  I suspect his ceiling is starter a team where the team is constantly looking to upgrade the position.
Quote from: MightyGiants on March 25, 2024, 02:19:19 PMI will add this, I did some real digging.  If the Giants don't grab a QB in round one, it seems highly unlikely they will find a potential (even developmental) starting QB in day 2 or 3.  Maybe Spencer Rattler, but he seems like a long shot to become a top 10 QB.  I suspect his ceiling is starter a team where the team is constantly looking to upgrade the position.
I agree. The only one I would take is Penix. In fact, Minnesota would be stupid to trade up for McCarthy. Penix is the perfect fit for Minnesota. They have many pieces in place, including a great WR. He is NFL ready where McCarthy might need a year or two of development. The Vikings could get Penix easily at their pick and they have another pick in the first round that could fill a need.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE