News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Eagles sending edge rusher Haason Reddick to Jets

Started by MightyGiants, March 29, 2024, 06:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

The Jets will send a conditional 2026 third-round pick to the Eagles that improves to a 2026 second-rounder if Reddick reaches 67.5% play time and 10 sacks, the sources said. In 2023, Reddick recorded 11 sacks and 38 tackles in 17 games. He played 74% of the defensive snaps.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Feels like a sensible trade for both teams. The Jets are all-in on the present, while the Eagles get to move on from an expensive player who is pushing 30 and build their draft capital.

Brooklyn Dave

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on March 29, 2024, 07:36:46 PMWouldn't that have been a good trade for us ?

Not in my opinion. That was a win-now move. Burns was a long term move.

spiderblue43

Hassan fills the Huff departure. Jets are all in for..a shot in the tournament. Reddick fell off last year from the heights in '22.

Brooklyn Dave

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 29, 2024, 07:47:10 PMNot in my opinion. That was a win-now move. Burns was a long term move.

I am not suggesting instead of Burns but in addition to him . Veteran leadership for  a good to very good player for a condional 2026 third round pick , sounds worthwhile to me .

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Brooklyn Dave on March 30, 2024, 12:51:34 AMI am not suggesting instead of Burns but in addition to him . Veteran leadership for  a good to very good player for a condional 2026 third round pick , sounds worthwhile to me .

Reddick has something like a $16mm cap hit this year, and then we'd have to sign him as a 30 year old after this year for it to have been worthwhile. I don't feel like we were in a position to do that on top of the O line adds and the Burns contract.

jimc

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 29, 2024, 06:49:30 PMFeels like a sensible trade for both teams. The Jets are all-in on the present, while the Eagles get to move on from an expensive player who is pushing 30 and build their draft capital.
Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 30, 2024, 06:45:26 AMReddick has something like a $16mm cap hit this year, and then we'd have to sign him as a 30 year old after this year for it to have been worthwhile. I don't feel like we were in a position to do that on top of the O line adds and the Burns contract.

Eagles have lots of picks, watch them move up on draft day.
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

MightyGiants

In the end this could prove to be roughly an even deal

The Jets likely get a 3rd rond comp pick for the Jets signing away their edge rusher

The Jets then give the Eagles a 3rd or 2nd round pick in return for their pass rusher
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE