News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who will have the biggest breakout in 2024?

Started by DaveBrown74, March 31, 2024, 01:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Giant who was on the team in 2023 do you expect to see thei biggest breakout from in 2024?

DaveBrown74

Which individual player who was on the team last year are you expecting the biggest 2024 breakout from?

PSUBeirut

I went with other- I think Kayvon has a chance to break out with a legit edge on the other side taking a lot of attention off of him and of course Dex in the middle to do the same.  More than anything, I'm hoping that Burns can mentor the young man and show him some tips to take his pass rush game to the next level.

Sem

With legitimate Guards beside him, and a year under his belt, I went with JMS.

Jclayton92

Jalin Hyatt, assuming Jones isn't throwing the ball.

Hyatt has the biggest opportunity of anyone to have his production be amplified with more playing time, better oline etc

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 31, 2024, 04:29:56 PMJalin Hyatt, assuming Jones isn't throwing the ball.

Hyatt has the biggest opportunity of anyone to have his production be amplified with more playing time, better oline etc

Hyatt if a QB has a downfield mindset.

DaveBrown74

Philosophers

JT39

I went with Robinson because whoever is our QB needs a reliable WR he can depend on. Robinson in the slot can do some good things. Just has to stay healthy.

jgrangers2

Went with JMS as I think he's the simplest answer. New OL coach plus better guards should make him better.

Trench

WanDale ...he looked real good end of year

Brooklyn Dave

Dave,

Did I miss something ? Was Isiah Simmons resigned?

It has to be  SChmitz because if he does not  our OL is in trouble

MightyGiants

I have no idea.  One thing this decade-plus stretch of mostly futility has made me realize is I am always projecting improvement in young players and the reality is (at least for the Giants) only about 10% or 20% of the young players improve the rest stay more or less the same and some regress.

I thought because he had a long college career and was older, JMS would hit the ground running, but he didn't

I thought Neal was all set to finally start looking like a solid RT, but he didn't (I have similar hopes for Ezeudu being a starting guard)

I thought Isiah Simmons' skill set was perfect for Wink's system so he would be impressive, but he wasn't

I thought after an impressive training camp and some PS games, Tre Hawkins III was a starting caliber CB, but he wasn't

I think you may see small or incremental improvements in JMS, Banks, and Hyatt, but anything else would be a pleasant surprise to me.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

brownelvis54

I choose John Michael Schmitz off the list because new coach and added O-line help. He is very smart and had a tuff rookie season (but then again how didn't?). I think he will make a huge jump this upcoming season. The other guy that I see making huge strides is Kayvon Thibodeaux. I think Wink misused Kayvon, and the added help from Brian Burns, his new defensive coach and hopefully Azeez Ojulari can have a full season on the field.....I expect big things
The KING is in the building

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Bob In PA

If they're going QB in round one, the answer to the poll had better be Hyatt (whom I voted for). Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!