News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Who would you prefer at 6? Malik Nabers or Rome Odunze

Started by brownelvis54, March 31, 2024, 01:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you prefer at 6 ?

coggs

I am strongly of the belief that if I make a selection in the poll then 1) the Giants will go opposite IF both are still on the board or 2) the Giants will take who I want and the player will bust.  So, not making a selection or even thinking about it.

todge

The Giants have plenty of slot/Z receivers. No question that Nabors has explosive YAC ability but I doubt the Giants would invest in yet another slot guy. Harrison and Odunze are classic X guys and with Slayton the only true X on the team, I think they will opt for that type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rosehill Jimmy

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

brownelvis54

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 31, 2024, 02:05:13 PMNabers.

If we take either of these players, it means we're not drafting a QB (at least not with our first pick), which means we're going with Jones again, at least for the time being.

Jones' biggest supporters, when listing reasons why he has continued to be so glaringly unproductive on the field, have often claimed he never has anyone open. I know there has been a growing recent movement here to portray Nabers as some sort of arch-criminal despite no convincing evidence of that, but one thing I know about him for sure is that he can separate at an elite level. If anyone can get open enough for Jones to see him and throw it to him, it's this guy. So he probably makes more sense than Odunze, who is fast but more of a physical, 50/50 ball, back shoulder type guy. We have already tried these types with Jones (Golladay, Waller), and it hasn't worked out. He seems to need guys to be wide open with nobody near them. I think Nabers probably has the best chance of fitting that sort of profile.

In three days we will find out who the Giants pick, I hope it is a WR, and its Nabers
The KING is in the building

Jolly Blue Giant

I picked Odunze, but that's just fancrap. I want a breakout type of WR, but I recognize my own inadequacies as a prospect analyst. I am putting my full faith in Schoen on this one. However, it probably won't make a difference, because I suspect only one of the top 3 will still be available on Thursday night anyway. I'm so bad at judging WRs that I was disgusted with our pick of OBJ..  :doh:

I think all three of the top WRs are special in their own way. Whoever we get, I hope he has a great mental connection with DJ. I don't buy the rumor that Nabers has character issues, but if there's even a hint of truth to it, I ended up voting for Odunze. If my prayers are answered, we'll have Harrison fall in our laps. Time will tell
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Philosophers

I just picked Nabers.  I have leaned strongly for Odunze, but I think Nabers is kore explosive and athletic.  Think we need that.

DJN

I saw O'hara say that if Odunze is still there at #6, he doesn't see the Giants passing on him

spiderblue43

From a size standpoint..big time effort..aware..I prefer him. Makes huge contested catches...runs great routes..Nabers is special too..but I think Rome is a better fit.

spiderblue43

Listening to Chicago WSCR.they are praying for Odunze..he's their future wr star and Caleb's go to. But there's no way the Bears are trading up to jump the Jints.

B1GBLUE

all the mocks are saying nabers. who i think would be a great pick. for some reason i just see odunze becoming a more dominant receiver. especially on a team like ours. i could see nabers absolutly destroying it with a qb/offense like drew brees used to run. we are nothing close to that. we were always better with jump/contested balls, and thats what odunze does best. hes got amazing hands, body control, and leaping ability. if you have a qb that isnt dropping dimes, a guy like odunze is your best friend.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 31, 2024, 03:04:07 PMhttps://sports.yahoo.com/rome-odunze-put-on-a-show-at-nfl-combine-then-did-something-rarely-ever-seen-043036778.html

This is why you draft Odunze, that coupled with the on field talent.

Work ethic. pride. a guy that was lock top 10 pick and didnt have to do anything to prove it, went out there and absolutely busted his butt to do better for HIMSELF.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: brownelvis54 on April 22, 2024, 02:14:07 PMIn three days we will find out who the Giants pick, I hope it is a WR, and its Nabers

If we don't somehow get a QB the front office is very high on, Nabers is definitely still who I want as well.

With that said I think all three of the top receivers will be pro bowl caliber if not all pro caliber.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 22, 2024, 05:31:45 PMIf we don't somehow get a QB the front office is very high on, Nabers is definitely still who I want as well.

With that said I think all three of the top receivers will be pro bowl caliber if not all pro caliber.
I think Odunze is a taller, faster Aj brown with better hands.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 22, 2024, 06:14:07 PMI think Odunze is a taller, faster Aj brown with better hands.

I like him a lot too. My main reason for preferring Nabers though is that if either of these players ends up on our team, it means we did not take a QB and therefore could be looking at building the offense's future around Daniel Jones.

One thing we have heard a lot in recent years from Jones' biggest supporters after sacks, incompletions, or 3 yard check-downs on 3rd and 11 is that "nobody was open." It seems clear therefore that Jones needs a receiver who gets the best separation in this class and gets as close to wide open as possible as often as possible. To me, that's Nabers. I'm not saying Odunze can't separate, but everything I have read and seen on tape suggests Nabers (besides possibly MHJ) is the best at this in this class. Therefore we might as well get the guy who best matches up to Jones' skill set.

In any event, I think there is a very good chance we won't end up with a choice between these two, if we're taking one of them at all. It's possible, but I tend to doubt it. So much of this dialogue might end up being completely moot.

Philosophers

Quote from: todge on April 02, 2024, 01:39:17 PMThe Giants have plenty of slot/Z receivers. No question that Nabors has explosive YAC ability but I doubt the Giants would invest in yet another slot guy. Harrison and Odunze are classic X guys and with Slayton the only true X on the team, I think they will opt for that type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is my million dollar question about Nabers.  Is he a true X?  OBJ played X as a 5'11" guy