News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The QB School 2024 QB Rankings

Started by Ed Vette, April 09, 2024, 10:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

JT O'Sullivan's evaluation and slotting of each of the QB's top nine prospects. I believe it's a fair assessment without bias.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

His numbers 2 & 3 (Daniels and McCarthy) are my numbers 1 & 2 (in a very weak class IMO).

Maybe one of the two will turn out to be a true NFL starting QB. Daniels has the tools. McCarthy has the smarts.

I have no interest in O'Sullivan's top pick (Williams). I don't trust him to be a pro. He may grow up some day, but I'd bet a steak dinner he'll turn out to be a wasted pick (not just a backup... a wasted pick).

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 09, 2024, 03:37:55 PMHis numbers 2 & 3 (Daniels and McCarthy) are my numbers 1 & 2 (in a very weak class IMO).

Maybe one of the two will turn out to be a true NFL starting QB. Daniels has the tools. McCarthy has the smarts.

I have no interest in O'Sullivan's top pick (Williams). I don't trust him to be a pro. He may grow up some day, but I'd bet a steak dinner he'll turn out to be a wasted pick (not just a backup... a wasted pick).

Bob

It's interesting that you label it a weak QB class since so much of the narrative is about how strong this class is, especially compared with the next one.  With the strong subtext that if you need a QB you better get him this year.  Interesting in a good way, not the Chinese curse way.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Bob In PA

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 09, 2024, 05:14:32 PMIt's interesting that you label it a weak QB class since so much of the narrative is about how strong this class is, especially compared with the next one.  With the strong subtext that if you need a QB you better get him this year.  Interesting in a good way, not the Chinese curse way.

AZRich: You laid your finger on the gist of my reasoning... next year's class is unlikely to be as "good" as this year's... BUT... that doesn't necessarily translate into this year's group being any good, and I don't think it's very good.  I'd probably bet on Daniels for the having the "quickest" path to success in the group, but I'm not even very confident in that prediction because it will depend on which team selects him and how much (if any) the coaches try to change his style. For one thing, I think he looks to run as his next option whenever a pass play breaks down on the first or second read, rather than knowing how (as Mahomes does) to buy time and re-focus as (IMO) the correct next option. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

TONKA56

Quote from: Bob In PA on April 09, 2024, 03:37:55 PMHis numbers 2 & 3 (Daniels and McCarthy) are my numbers 1 & 2 (in a very weak class IMO).

Bob

Any of the things Williams has said or done is at least as concerning as Ryan Leaf's "trip to Vegas" comment. But it is the doom of men that they forget.