News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Pro Bowl/All pro potential on the roster

Started by madbadger, April 26, 2024, 10:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbadger

This team still has a ways to go to get back to where we want to be but three years ago the only Giant you could point to and say that he has pro bowl/all pro potential was Barkley. At that point Lawrence was still a bit of a disappointment.

Today is a completely different story.  We have guys like Thomas, Okereke, Lawrence, Burns and Thibs who are at that level or are on the cusp of being in that discussion. Then we have several young guys (Nabers, Hyatt and Banks) who have the physical tools to develop into outstanding NFL players but the school is still out on. Now if we can only find a quarterback....

The point of this post is that I understand why some posters feel lost and frustrated that we aren't improving but we are. The level of talent on the roster is the best it's been in close to a decade. It isn't being felt yet due to poor quarterback play or age but you can't deny that we've accumulated some really nice pieces.

Philosophers

Quote from: madbadger on April 26, 2024, 10:50:01 AMThis team still has a ways to go to get back to where we want to be but three years ago the only Giant you could point to and say that he has pro bowl/all pro potential was Barkley. At that point Lawrence was still a bit of a disappointment.

Today is a completely different story.  We have guys like Thomas, Okereke, Lawrence, Burns and Thibs who are at that level or are on the cusp of being in that discussion. Then we have several young guys (Nabers, Hyatt and Banks) who have the physical tools to develop into outstanding NFL players but the school is still out on. Now if we can only find a quarterback....

The point of this post is that I understand why some posters feel lost and frustrated that we aren't improving but we are. The level of talent on the roster is the best it's been in close to a decade. It isn't being felt yet due to poor quarterback play or age but you can't deny that we've accumulated some really nice pieces.

Good post and a fair assessment.  In looking at the names you listed, I conclude that more of the defensive players are either there or ready to emerge and that the offensive players may be earlier in their development.  All need to continue developing.

Maybe Shane Bowen will max the defensive talent in a way that Wink did not.

That said, the OL must (no MUST) make the greatest leap as a position group.  That should benefit everyone on offense.

Then all eyes will be on the QB.  I hope he pulls a Rich Gannon type career and finds his groove later in his career like now.

Bob In PA

MadB: I agree with Phil. Yours is IMO a good and fair assessment of the situation, although I might quibble about Okereke... extremely reliable and consistent, but IMO at a level a hair below Pro Bowl. I don't see any room for "improvement" in his already solid game... I think he's already doing all he can or ever will. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!