News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Injury updates

Started by MightyGiants, October 18, 2023, 12:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 19, 2023, 10:48:47 AMI just don't know if it's so easy to do that with literally every single employee in the building. He obviously didn't want Kevin Abrams to be the assistant GM anymore, but he wasn't fired. Whereas when Gettleman took over Marc Ross was fired on day one.

A better example might be Thomas McGaughey. He has been retained by multiple coaching staffs despite mediocre to poor results over a conclusive sample. Is the reason he is still here really because every incoming coach has not wanted to bring in his own special teams guy, despite making changes all over the rest of the coaching staff?

Are you suggesting it has to do with affirmative action or there is love between the Mara's and McGaughey? Maybe he's a better ST's Coach than us armchair keyboard worriers/warriers can see in our "educated" evaluations.

Regardless, if the team fails to turn around, changes will come and all the above will be on the hot seat. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 19, 2023, 10:57:36 AMAre you suggesting it has to do with affirmative action or there is love between the Mara's and McGaughey? Maybe he's a better ST's Coach than us armchair keyboard worriers/warriers can see in our "educated" evaluations.

Regardless, if the team fails to turn around, changes will come and all the above will be on the hot seat. 

All any fan can do is observe results and then form opinions and speculate, but no, I do not think it's affirmative action myself. Incoming new coaches and GMs have obviously let minorities go before (Marc Ross was just one example I gave). McGaughey goes pretty far back with the team and was part of the Coughlin years, so perhaps the ties he built then have helped him.

As to your second comment about changes will come if the team doesn't turn around, I agree in principle, but in McGaughey's case, being part of bad teams/coaching regimes and having things not turn around has not hurt him to this point, despite the house being cleaned all around him (twice). Will that change this time if things get better? Maybe, but I would not call it a given.

beaugestus

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 18, 2023, 01:50:43 PMThis is in no way a personal attack, as he seems to come across as a nice guy, but is there a single person who has been on the team for the last four seasons who has been more utterly useless as a football player than Matt Peart?

I guess Lemieux would be worthy of consideration for that dubious distinction.

I remember in his first and second season the OL coach said of him he has to have more fire in the belly. I forgot which game this season where he had an illegal procedure called against him and gave up a sack in the same series and was smiling. That did it for me.