News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Niners Players Mock DJ

Started by Ed Vette, September 23, 2023, 03:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage

For what it's worth, they shouldn't make fun of Jones. It was the game plan. What the coaches devised based on what they think he could hand. That being said, can we please stop with the excuses for a fifth year QB who is making serious change for playing the position?

Rambo89

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 23, 2023, 06:10:12 PMhe had a good Offensive Line a year after Snee was drafted and they brought in Mac and O'Hara. Diehl and Suebert were excellent players. I put this line up against the Suburbanites any day.

They weren't good. They weren't awful but they didn't become the excellent offensive line until the 08 season.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 23, 2023, 06:52:03 PMThey weren't good. They weren't awful but they didn't become the excellent offensive line until the 08 season.
prove it
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

Ed Vette

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 23, 2023, 06:54:10 PMprove it
The year after snee was drafted, third in points and 4th in yardage. 11 wins. 24 passing TDS and 17 rushing TDS.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 23, 2023, 07:05:30 PMThe year after snee was drafted, third in points and 4th in yardage. 11 wins. 24 passing TDS and 17 rushing TDS.

That was also the year they signed Burress and the first full season of Eli Manning as their Starting QB.  So to say it was because they drafted Snee simply isn't true.  Because there were other factors as well that led to that increase in production mainly the QB's play.

T200

Meh... what goes around, comes around.

Plenty of folks here were gloating when Kadarius Toney had a case of the dropsies and cost KC the game in the season opener.

Then we go 6 quarters before scoring. And now a team is talking smack about our QB after they beat us. Stones and glass houses aren't a good combination.

Don't want them to talk smack? Play better.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

LennG

Whether or not Jones deserves what they said is meaningless. Why put bulletin board material out there as what goes around comes around eventually.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 23, 2023, 07:07:49 PMThat was also the year they signed Burress and the first full season of Eli Manning as their Starting QB.  So to say it was because they drafted Snee simply isn't true.  Because there were other factors as well that led to that increase in production mainly the QB's play.
2004 Sacks % 6.2%
2005, 6 and 7 all under 5%
2008 2009 over 5%

Pressure
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

I actually think sensitive fans and click-bait seeker types are the only ones who significantly care about this stuff. Players talk all the time. Part of the business. I don't think Jones is bothered. And frankly when you get paid major money like him you're always going to be that much more under the microscope, so those who are taking umbrage might want to get used to it as long as we're not winning and/or as long as he's not lighting it up.

Rambo89

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 23, 2023, 07:18:21 PM2004 Sacks % 6.2%
2005, 6 and 7 all under 5%
2008 2009 over 5%

Pressure

Eli's flaws were always that he was too much of a risk taker....but he knew when to get rid of the ball and not walk into sacks.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 23, 2023, 07:30:56 PMEli's flaws were always that he was too much of a risk taker....but he knew when to get rid of the ball and not walk into sacks.
Stop it you're deflecting. That line held up under pressure, they allowed a huge increase in rushing and passing yards. It was the beginning of one of the best Offensive Lines in Giants history. Which led to two SBs. Eli was a turnover machine early on until McAdoo. He fumbled and threw interceptions. He had WTF moments. The 2004 line was the beginning of its development and it struggled. The 2003 line was the reason for the fall of Fassel. It didn't start in 2008. It started in 2005.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 23, 2023, 07:40:34 PMStop it you're deflecting. That line held up under pressure, they allowed a huge increase in rushing and passing yards. It was the beginning of one of the best Offensive Lines in Giants history. Which led to two SBs. Eli was a turnover machine early on until McAdoo. He fumbled and threw interceptions. He had WTF moments. The 2004 line was the beginning of its development and it struggled. The 2003 line was the reason for the fall of Fassel. It didn't start in 2008. It started in 2005.

Not deflecting.  That line didn't take off until 08.  And yes, I am not denying Eli wasn't a turnover machine.  He was.  It was his weakness taking too many chances.  But he knew when to get rid of the ball and took chances down the field letting plays develop.  In that part of his career he wasn't always looking for the check downs as Jones does.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 23, 2023, 07:45:37 PMNot deflecting.  That line didn't take off until 08.  And yes, I am not denying Eli wasn't a turnover machine.  He was.  It was his weakness taking too many chances.  But he knew when to get rid of the ball and took chances down the field letting plays develop.  In that part of his career he wasn't always looking for the check downs as Jones does.
I just gave you all the stats to prove it. You can choose to believe what you want but you can't make up your own facts. Which you have not provided. Just your opinion with no basis whatsoever. I was there every week watching that line from section 303 with binoculars. I lived it and I trust my eyes. Show me proof to the contrary.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

miss86

I bet DJ wishes he was drafted by a team that has an actual OL. I wonder if he wishes they allowed him to be a FA.