News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Giants injury gauge

Started by MightyGiants, September 17, 2022, 03:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

In the days of sailing ship warfare the advantage went to the ship with the weather gauge or the wind at their back.  In that vein I am going to look at what I called the injury gauge.  Which team enjoyed the injury or health advantage.

Week one the Titans.  They lost their PB edge rusher vs the Giants having both their starting edge rushers injured and their third safety hurt

Week 2 the Panthers enjoy the injury guage as they are pretty much healthy while the Giants are missing their 2 starting edge rushers and their sterling CB and possibly Toney
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 17, 2022, 03:03:23 PMIn the days of sailing ship warfare the advantage went to the ship with the weather gauge or the wind at their back.  In that vein I am going to look at what I called the injury gauge.   Which team enjoyed the injury or health advantage.

Week one the Titans.  They lost their PB edge rusher vs the Giants having both their starting edge rushers injured and their third safety hurt

Week 2 the Panthers enjoy the injury guage as they are pretty much healthy while the Giants are missing their 2 starting edge rushers and their sterling CB and possibly Toney

Is Thibs definitely out?

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

I think Thibs plays.

I think flott will get the go at #2

MightyGiants

I am sort of torn on who to give the gauge to this week.  I mean, the Cowboys are without Dak and a couple of others, but the Giants are likely without Leonard Williams and their starting CB and Toney is likely to be slowed by injury (plus the Giants are still missing Lemieux)

I tend to think the Giants have the injury gauge but it's not by much.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 23, 2022, 10:01:41 AMI am sort of torn on who to give the gauge to this week.  I mean, the Cowboys are without Dak and a couple of others, but the Giants are likely without Leonard Williams and their starting CB and Toney is likely to be slowed by injury (plus the Giants are still missing Lemieux)

I tend to think the Giants have the injury gauge but it's not by much.
Can't count Lemieux as a loss we have NO IDEA how he would be as a starter.

The last time he did start it was no better and maybe worse then what we have starting now.

So there is no guarantee he is an upgrade

I think if Thibs and Ojulari play giants have the health edge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katkavage

Injuries happen in the NFL. It's how you deal with them that sets you apart.

MightyGiants

with both Toney and Robinson likely out, I am now inclined to call it a draw
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Is there a more frustrating player than Toney?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Trench on September 23, 2022, 08:52:10 PMIs there a more frustrating player than Toney?

I am beginning to become less frustrated with him because I am getting increasingly used to what he is, and I am becoming less and less optimistic that it's going to change much.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 23, 2022, 09:05:42 PMI am beginning to become less frustrated with him because I am getting increasingly used to what he is, and I am becoming less and less optimistic that it's going to change much.
Toney is the embodiment of the DG/Judge era so far.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on September 24, 2022, 08:38:03 AMToney is the embodiment of the DG/Judge era so far.

I don't know.  Toney reminds me that Ring Of Honor Ronnie Barnes signed off on drafting this permanent IR player.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

With 5 key players out, the Bears have the injury Gauge even with their 2 or 3 key players missing
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

Hard to avoid injuries in this NFL. Deal with it.

MightyGiants

Sheer numbers (The Giants have 14 on the injury list and many more on IR) gives the gauge to the Packers this week
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE