News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Giants injury gauge

Started by MightyGiants, September 17, 2022, 03:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

It was clear enough to see how today's knees were injured.

Cheers!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Painter on October 23, 2022, 04:51:35 PMIt was clear enough to see how today's knees were injured.

Cheers!

and how an eye got injured
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

The Giants continue to win despite injuries. That's what good teams do in this NFL.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: katkavage on October 23, 2022, 05:10:07 PMThe Giants continue to win despite injuries. That's what good teams do in this NFL.

Turns out, the Giants are pretty good at beating to windward.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

This week the Seahawks enjoy the injury gauge against the Giants, but it's much weaker than most weeks as the Seahawks have a few injuries of their own (just not as many as the Giants)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

The Seahawks injured are playing today, so the Seahawks are enjoying a strong injury gauge

For the first 8 games, the Giants only enjoyed the injury gauge once
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Does the injury gauge account for the caliber of the injured players at all, or is it just a gauge based on number of players injured?

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 30, 2022, 09:34:32 AMDoes the injury gauge account for the caliber of the injured players at all, or is it just a gauge based on number of players injured?

My gauge is based on the quantity and the impact (talent of player minus quality of backup) and factors in things like how many of a position are injured and the value of the position of the injured player.

Frankly most games determining the injury gauge has not been difficult because of the Giants massive and chronic injury issues
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 30, 2022, 09:50:35 AMMy gauge is based on the quantity and the impact (talent of player minus quality of backup) and factors in things like how many of a position are injured and the value of the position of the injured player.

Frankly most games determining the injury gauge has not been difficult because of the Giants massive and chronic injury issues

Agreed, we cannot keep our guys on the field and haven't been able to for a long time.

One thought that crossed my mind recently was that as annoying as it will be if Toney immediately breaks out in KC, that this will get the rest of the league focusing more on just how inept the Giants are with player health. When Mara tries to protect someone and digs his heels in, he usually doesn't fold until the widespread scrutiny and criticism hits overwhelming levels. Maybe this will be the straw that gets him to agree to do an overhaul and really try to improve things in a serious way.

CVA14

Is there some reason why our OL do not wear a knee brace? I thought that was pretty much SOP these days for OL.

Trench

Quote from: CVA14 on October 30, 2022, 12:24:42 PMIs there some reason why our OL do not wear a knee brace? I thought that was pretty much SOP these days for OL.

I hadn't thought of that, good post