News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Golladay now trying to get back into the lineup apparently.

Started by AYM, October 27, 2022, 09:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AYM

https://twitter.com/SNYGiants/status/1585709533984587778

Maybe the trading of Toney lights a fire under his rump and we get something out of him down the stretch. One can only hope.

killarich

Quote from: AYM on October 27, 2022, 09:59:52 PMhttps://twitter.com/SNYGiants/status/1585709533984587778

Maybe the trading of Toney lights a fire under his rump and we get something out of him down the stretch. One can only hope.

This could be a good thing... maybe the Toney thing wakes him up ....

I do appreciate that he even mentioned "blocking" as being important .... I know I know he's severely overpaid  .... But hopefully it's a start

H-Town G-Fan

I don't put Golladay in the same boat as Toney. I think Golladay has truly been trying, but his body is just failing him at this point. When he's been on the field, I've seen effort (production lacking, obviously). I honestly feel bad for him. It's not his fault Gettleman overpaid. Make no mistake, I won't cry when the Giants dump him, but I see him almost as a victim of pseudo-tradgedy as opposed to narcissism.

GMenRF

I know it's too early, but if dreams do come true, I want this beast for DJ

DaveBrown74

I don't fully buy everything Golladay says. There was a lot of talk that he shut himself down despite likely being able to play in that last season before we signed him in order to make sure he didn't get hurt again and mess up his contract chances. Then last year we saw him blatantly refuse to even lunge (let alone dive) for a totally catchable ball in a close game. I don't get the impression he is giving 100%.

Jaime

Golladay's remarks ring hollow with me. Strikes me as a gutless prima donna WR. Just another of those "Me first" guys that suckered a clown like Getty to sign him. Sure sounds like a guy that is fearful of being traded away from a wining/large market Team, to being buried on a losing Roster.  :boooo:

babywhales

Right now would be a great time for Golladay to start clicking with Jones

That's where I'm at on the whole issue 
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Philosophers

Quote from: Jaime on October 27, 2022, 11:40:07 PMGolladay's remarks ring hollow with me. Strikes me as a gutless prima donna WR. Just another of those "Me first" guys that suckered a clown like Getty to sign him. Sure sounds like a guy that is fearful of being traded away from a wining/large market Team, to being buried on a losing Roster.  :boooo:

Exactly.  Why should the light bulb and motor be going on now? 

londonblue

Golladay was an excellent receiver in Detroit but his body started to give out as his contract ran down. Gettleman rolled the dice when Detroit did not think he was worth a significant long-term deal. It was a poor decision from a desperate GM needing to hit a HR.

Multiple injuries wear a guy down and I think Golladay has been in an extended head funk as he failed to make any early impact and got more injuries. Mental health is fragile for most people even in good circumstances so I am not going to beat him up over this. The Toney trade might give him a jolt and help him get his head straight but his beaten down body is still going to limit what he can offer if he can get on the field. Optimism feels irrational in this case.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: londonblue on October 28, 2022, 06:00:12 AMGolladay was an excellent receiver in Detroit but his body started to give out as his contract ran down. Gettleman rolled the dice when Detroit did not think he was worth a significant long-term deal. It was a poor decision from a desperate GM needing to hit a HR.

Multiple injuries wear a guy down and I think Golladay has been in an extended head funk as he failed to make any early impact and got more injuries. Mental health is fragile for most people even in good circumstances so I am not going to beat him up over this. The Toney trade might give him a jolt and help him get his head straight but his beaten down body is still going to limit what he can offer if he can get on the field. Optimism feels irrational in this case.

Injuries are one thing and happen to the best of them, but I have simply never felt like Golladay was trying his hardest or that he cared a great deal. Just consider the attitude difference between him and someone like Barkley, who also has dealt with repeated injuries. Or Nick Gates for that matter. And Golladay makes a lot more money than both of those guys combined. He's making more than Barkley will get paid next year even when he gets a new contract or is tagged. When has it ever felt like Golladay is giving 100% to this? We have seen him dog it in games (the refusal to lunge) and also in practices (video from this summer of him lazily jogging in a drill while Wan'Dale is digging it out), he sounds aloof with reporters when interviewed, and the coaching staff, whom I respect, has what seems like zero confidence in him.

I understand injuries take a toll and are frustrating, but they never excuse a lack of effort, particularly when you're accepting $18mm a year from your employer. To me he fails on at least two of the three "tough, smart, dependable" tenets.

Blue Fire

Quote from: londonblue on October 28, 2022, 06:00:12 AMGolladay was an excellent receiver in Detroit but his body started to give out as his contract ran down. Gettleman rolled the dice when Detroit did not think he was worth a significant long-term deal. It was a poor decision from a desperate GM needing to hit a HR.

I think this could be the most accurate take on Golladay. Kind of like Shockey amd OBJ. When the hits and injuries piled up his wheels were never the same. Shockey, OBJ and Golladay were all quite productive their first few years when they were out on the field. However after 3 -4 years and all the injuries they werent the same players as before on the field.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Blue Fire on October 28, 2022, 06:52:08 AMI think this could be the most accurate take on Golladay. Kind of like Shockey amd OBJ. When the hits and injuries piled up his wheels were never the same. Shockey, OBJ and Golladay were all quite productive their first few years when they were out on the field. However after 3 -4 years and all the injuries they werent the same players as before on the field.

OBJ may have some flaws as a person, but I have never once gotten the sense that he didn't care or wasn't trying the way I do with Golladay. OBJ to me has always been passionate and has always given 100%. Golladay may have been those things at one point, but he isn't acting that way here, and I'm sorry but he's not the first NFL player to be banged up.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: AYM on October 27, 2022, 09:59:52 PMhttps://twitter.com/SNYGiants/status/1585709533984587778

He has 72 million reasons to not break a sweat

He will make it back on the field BUT he will be an expensive blocking WRs!  He just doesn't have any juice left in the tank for anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 28, 2022, 06:55:05 AMOBJ may have some flaws as a person, but I have never once gotten the sense that he didn't care or wasn't trying the way I do with Golladay. OBJ to me has always been passionate and has always given 100%. Golladay may have been those things at one point, but he isn't acting that way here, and I'm sorry but he's not the first NFL player to be banged up.
There was the alligator arms play on that onside kick!  That was the start of me souring in him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CVA14

Given the heroic effort being made by the Giants, one wonders how the team feels about him and how does he interpret it. I'm sure at minimum he feels left out.