News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Week 9 College Thread

Started by DaveBrown74, October 29, 2022, 12:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

Is Levis a Junior or Senior?  Meaning does he have eligibility after this season and could he stay an extra season the way Herbert did.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 30, 2022, 12:53:02 PMGood point on Hooker's age. I agree that that can work against him as far as the draft and his scouting profile. It's a big deal to be more than 2 years older than almost everyone else you're playing against.
Watch out for the Mayes kid at UNC, word is that the media is about to start pumping him as the next Lawrence/Luck generational talent.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 30, 2022, 12:57:59 PMIs Levis a Junior or Senior?  Meaning does he have eligibility after this season and could he stay an extra season the way Herbert did.
Think he's gone, the OC Sangerrilio or however you say his name is hot garbage and ruined Levis' stock. They went away from what was so successful last year with the previous OC.

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 30, 2022, 12:57:59 PMIs Levis a Junior or Senior?  Meaning does he have eligibility after this season and could he stay an extra season the way Herbert did.
Levis played 3 years at PSU (18-20) and he redshirted his first year. In years past he would be done but because he was in school during the 2019 season he automatically gets another year due to Covid. Whether he uses it or not is TBD
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Jclayton92

That Michigan v Michigan St fight in the tunnel was wild. 10 Michigan St guys jumped a Michigan player on camera.

DaveBrown74

I'll be really surprised if Levis doesn't come out this year. I know the season hasn't gone as well as he would have liked but his stock is still fairly high right now. The risk of staying for another year would be back to back off years. If that happens he's then off the radar as far as the top 50 picks go. Whereas if he comes out this year I still think he goes in the top 10 no matter how the rest of this season goes.

Jclayton92

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 30, 2022, 02:41:35 PMI'll be really surprised if Levis doesn't come out this year. I know the season hasn't gone as well as he would have liked but his stock is still fairly high right now. The risk of staying for another year would be back to back off years. If that happens he's then off the radar as far as the top 50 picks go. Whereas if he comes out this year I still think he goes in the top 10 no matter how the rest of this season goes.
Worst case he drops into someone's laps. He's got the tools, that OC is just bad.

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 30, 2022, 02:32:06 PMThat Michigan v Michigan St fight in the tunnel was wild. 10 Michigan St guys jumped a Michigan player on camera.

There will be criminal charges on that bush league incident.

Jclayton92

Quote from: Philosophers on October 30, 2022, 07:26:40 PMThere will be criminal charges on that bush league incident.
I agree completely

DaveBrown74

All I saw was footage of the scrum after it started. How exactly did it start? What was the Michigan player doing in the middle of the group of Spartan guys?

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 30, 2022, 07:51:39 PMAll I saw was footage of the scrum after it started. How exactly did it start? What was the Michigan player doing in the middle of the group of Spartan guys?

Not sure why. 

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on October 30, 2022, 07:54:12 PMNot sure why. 

Me either. Clearly if they surrounded him themselves and pummeled him, then they are at serious fault and I wouldn't necessarily disagree that the cops could look into it.

However if he provoked them in some way, then the story is different. I would need to know what led up to it to be able to judge who was at fault and to what extent.

Jclayton92

That kid at Ohio St J.T. Tuimoloau  is going to be a generational talent at edge he's that good.

His stat line from the Ohio st v Penn St game:

six total tackles, three tackles for loss, two sacks, two interceptions, one forced fumble and a touchdown.