News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Good article on DJ and Giants: Still not seeing the forest for the trees

Started by Blue Fire, October 30, 2022, 11:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Trench

Blue - you can easily take your post and reverse it back to your own bias about Jones in your own "blinding desire to be proven right".

I've been told we shouldn't overstate opinions on this site yet every single day I login there is another post from you about how Daniel Jones is and must be THE guy.

Like it or not the jury is still out. I am one of those who is coming around as you say...and I'll be happy to be proven wrong on the subject if he turns out to be a great one!....but for me a lot still depends on seeing him win a game or two exclusively with his arm and more importantly I want to see if he remains healthy whether or not I could commit long term. Is this an ok opinion to have?

That said,....yes....I DO like what I have seen up to this point. My prediction before the season was 10 wins. People I'm sure laughed at that. But a big part of my basis was how would the QB perform.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 30, 2022, 12:19:10 PMForget it you're never going to get it
Hence my post in one of these 3+ threads of the same convo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Fire

Quote from: Trench on October 30, 2022, 12:20:18 PMBlue - you can easily take your post and reverse it back to your own bias about Jones in your own "blinding desire to be proven right".

I've been told we shouldn't overstate opinions on this site yet every single day I login there is another post from you about how Daniel Jones is and must be THE guy.

Like it or not the jury is still out. I am one of those who is coming around as you say...and I'll be happy to be proven wrong on the subject if he turns out to be a great one!....but for me a lot still depends on seeing him win a game or two exclusively with his arm and more importantly I want to see if he remains healthy whether or not I could commit long term. Is this an ok opinion to have?

That said,....yes....I DO like what I have seen up to this point. My prediction before the season was 10 wins. People I'm sure laughed at that. But a big part of my basis was how would the QB perform.

Not about being proven right. I didnt have it right on him when he fist came out but I saw things quickly that gave me strong conviction on him. I love the player and believe he is only going to get better as the WRs and OL continue to get better. Glad tou are alos coming around on #8 too!

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Trench on October 30, 2022, 12:20:18 PMThat said,....yes....I DO like what I have seen up to this point. My prediction before the season was 10 wins. People I'm sure laughed of course. But a big part of my basis was how would the QB perform.

I said you were smoking something and asked you to pass some of that this way!

I'm now starting to research how to cook up crow pot pie!

There in lies the difference

We can have a difference of opinion and have conversations and debates and when one is proven right be humble about it each some crow and move on!

Other here haven't learned better and must be right all the time or have everyone agree with them!

When I first came here I was very much I believe I'm right and argued more then I should!

It was the wrong approach and I have softened and changed my style and approach!  It isn't giving up on your beliefs it's letting others have theirs!

Some people here still haven't figured that out and never will seem to!

Trench

Blue Fire

Other people are most certainly entitled to their beliefs. You cant force someone to change nor lambaste them for having a different opinion. But you can discuss and articulate your thoughts on a matter.

But Slugs you have exchanged it to 'fitting in here' more than anything else.

We are made righteous in Christ through his obedience made complete on the Cross , dying to the flesh and being completely made new through his resurrection.

Likewise we can now put off the former perspective of unholiness and put on his perfect garment of righteousness!

Rambo89

Quote from: Trench on October 30, 2022, 12:20:18 PMBlue - you can easily take your post and reverse it back to your own bias about Jones in your own "blinding desire to be proven right".

It's hard to deny Jones hasn't taken steps in the right direction.  I am not in any way saying that.  He has taken steps in the right direction some of it is due to having a healthy Barkley as a threat, other parts the new system simplifying things for him and also himself overall improved play.  He deserves credit for doing his part.

But that doesn't mean I have to be sold on him being the guy.  I respect how those who have always liked him feeling that he's the guy and should be locked up long term right now.  Nothing I or anything else someone says is going to change how they feel.  Just like creating 100+ threads on Daniel Jones that some blogger or commenter has analyzed as being proof Jones is elite is not going to change my feeling that I need to see how the rest of the season plays out before stating whether I would keep him.

Keep in mind too that at the end of the day nothing anyone says in here on other message boards or analysts say matters.  What matters is how Joe Schoen, Brandon Brown and the Giants Front Office evaluates Daniel Jones and the direction they decide to go in after the season.  And I don't believe that anything the Giants have done in the past under a completely different regime will impact that decision.

Quote from: Blue Fire on October 30, 2022, 12:24:14 PMNot about being proven right. I didnt have it right on him when he fist came out but I saw things quickly that gave me strong conviction on him. I love the player and believe he is only going to get better as the WRs and OL continue to get better. Glad tou are alos coming around on #8 too!

More proof you aren't going to ever get it.  This isn't about any person here coming around to believing what you want them to believe. 
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Jclayton92

Quote from: Blue Fire on October 30, 2022, 12:30:19 PMOther people are most certainly entitled to their beliefs. You cant force someone to change nor lambaste them for having a different opinion. But you can discuss and articulate your thoughts on a matter.

But Slugs you have exchanged it to 'fitting in here' more than anything else.
But let's ignore blatantly leaving portions of an article out. Guess at least it's a step up from plagiarism.

Blue Fire

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 30, 2022, 12:32:41 PMBut let's ignore blatantly leaving portions of an article out. Guess at least it's a step up from plagiarism.

Interesting that you ignore basically the majority of the articles assertions to focus on the one little item of what you want to point out.  And since you are going that direction I will no longer have this discussion with you. 

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Trench on October 30, 2022, 12:28:14 PMSluggs I'm searching for those same pie recipes!
Sweet we can swop recipes my friend lol

CVA14

It is the purpose of the mind to survive and be "right."

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: CVA14 on October 30, 2022, 12:36:36 PMIt is the purpose of the mind to survive and be "right."
For at least 1 person I would say yes

Blue Fire

Quote from: CVA14 on October 30, 2022, 12:36:36 PMIt is the purpose of the mind to survive and be "right."

A mind guided by flesh absolutely a mind guided by Spirit seeks something greater.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin