News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants VS Seahawks game thread

Started by MightyGiants, October 30, 2022, 03:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

I'm rooting like hell for this to the guy. The franchise QB. Thus far I have to give kudos to those who say he is a decent game manager. I still say he is Jeff Hostetler. A guy with skill who can potentially win the biggest game in the rugby spot

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: katkavage on October 30, 2022, 08:17:54 PMBut look who the Giants have at running back. Not many QBs have a Barkley to make their job a lot easier. We need to stop making excuses for Jones. Geno Smith outplayed Jones today despite one of his star receivers dropping a TD and fumbling. He overcame that. Give him credit.
Yeah Barkley looked like a REAL GAME CHANGER today!

Sorry (I love Saquon) but he played worse than DJ today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Woody

Ok just for Giggles. Let me throw something out there for all that have been around for Eli era...,Are this years Giants 6-2 , 6-2 with Eli at QB with this team around him ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagicRat

Quote from: Woody on October 30, 2022, 09:10:32 PMOk just for Giggles. Let me throw something out there for all that have been around for Eli era...,Are this years Giants 6-2 , 6-2 with Eli at QB with this team around him ?

I'm not sure.
Eli brings things Daniel doesn't have,  but what Eli NEVER had was Daniel's legs. I genuinely don't know there.
Smell my cheese you mother!

MagicRat

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 30, 2022, 08:44:55 PMYeah Barkley looked like a REAL GAME CHANGER today!

Sorry (I love Saquon) but he played worse than DJ today.

However he looked today, we all know Barkley IS a game changer.
Buffalo geared their entire strategy today on stopping him, yet but for three slips/stumbles/ last gasp tackles, he still has more game changing plays.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: MagicRat on October 30, 2022, 09:25:29 PMHowever he looked today, we all know Barkley IS a game changer.
Buffalo geared their entire strategy today on stopping him, yet but for three slips/stumbles/ last gasp tackles, he still has more game changing plays.
My point is, that you cannot pin the poor offense on ONLY DJ today. EVERYONE looked bad, including Barkley.

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

TDToomer

Quote from: MagicRat on October 30, 2022, 09:25:29 PMHowever he looked today, we all know Barkley IS a game changer.

Buffalo?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MagicRat

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on October 30, 2022, 10:00:07 PMMy point is, that you cannot pin the poor offense on ONLY DJ today. EVERYONE looked bad, including Barkley.

This is because the Giants didn't run the office they have that made them successful the last 6 weeks.

We looked uncomfortable

I think they went into this game knowing hawks were going to load the box and key on SB so rather then attacking them and forcing them to prove they can stop SB, we didn't use SB and went to a passing game.

We got cute and got spanked for it

GloryDays

I admit DJ did not have a good game today, same as many others... I also think Seattle has improved much and it's a better team than their record.
I noticed a few plays where it seemed like there were better targets Jones could have thrown to, but those were no more than 4 or 5 occasions from what I could see.
The Line did a decent job until the second half of the fourth quarter.
The running game was ineffective, making DJ's job even more difficult.
This game will be a learning experience for our team and they will dissect it and improve during the bye week.

GordonGekko80

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on October 30, 2022, 11:49:47 PMThis is because the Giants didn't run the office they have that made them successful the last 6 weeks.

We looked uncomfortable

I think they went into this game knowing hawks were going to load the box and key on SB so rather then attacking them and forcing them to prove they can stop SB, we didn't use SB and went to a passing game.

We got cute and got spanked for it

I agree. We didn't run the ball and tried to force throws to a WR corpse that is below average. Many times DJ looked like he was lacking options downfield.

Also, add in that Bellinger was missing and already defenders have less coverage to do.
Whenever there's talented players on the field the focus shifts on them, creating space for others...
That also goes for trading for players that might not have been changing the outcome of yesterdays game, but attract attention and take some away from the others on the team.

TDToomer

Quote from: MagicRat on October 30, 2022, 11:30:02 PMOops.....watching the late game and made a slip..... :doh:

Yeah I saw your other post about that 2nd bottle of wine!  :P
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs