News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

This team really misses Bellinger

Started by MightyGiants, October 30, 2022, 07:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I have been saying all week that the loss of Bellinger was a hit this injury depleted team couldn't overcome.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

SUPERSEE

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 30, 2022, 07:06:22 PMI have been saying all week that the loss of Bellinger was a hit this injury depleted team couldn't overcome.
poor wr play killed us today .. along with two fumbled punts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingm56

Quote from: SUPERSEE on October 30, 2022, 07:14:59 PMpoor wr play killed us today .. along with two fumbled punts

Tomorrow, Rich will graciously provide us with his heros and goats thread; I bet you DJ will be on the latter.  He simply missed two key throws that could have resulted in long TDs and completely changed the games trajectory.  To simply blame the WRs is unfair...

Rich, I agree.  Daniel B is an unsung hero of this offense...he's that good! Phillips actually played well enough in Neal's absence; although, run blocking took a hit. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: SUPERSEE on October 30, 2022, 07:14:59 PMpoor wr play killed us today .. along with two fumbled punts

Welcome Supersee  :greetings: I agree but in the past the WR issues could be offset by Bellinger.  Plus his absence was also felt in the run game or lack thereof.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Giants lose this one with Bellinger also!

As I said in the other post...

Poor Game Plan

Poor execution

ST 2 fumbles lost

Equals

Epic Fail!

MightyGiants

Quote from: kingm56 on October 30, 2022, 07:20:11 PMTomorrow, Rich will graciously provide us with his heros and goats thread; I bet you DJ will be on the latter.  He simply missed two key throws that could have resulted in long TDs and completely changed the games trajectory.  To simply blame the WRs is unfair...

Rich, I agree.  Daniel B is an unsung hero of this offense...he's that good! Phillips actually played well enough in Neal's absence; although, run blocking took a hit. 

Matt,

I am not surprised you are putting all the blame on DJ.  This wasn't a game that was on par with his other outstanding efforts.  Still, if I don't think it's a bit of tunnel vision not to see the role injuries and lack of receiving weapons played. 
I think when you see an offensive player of the week take a downturn, it's wise to look only at the player
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on October 30, 2022, 07:23:29 PMGiants lose this one with Bellinger also!

As I said in the other post...

Poor Game Plan

Poor execution

ST 2 fumbles lost

Equals

Epic Fail!

You might be right.   I think they would have had a chance.   Bellinger was a key cog in the running game and the passing game.   Without him the offense struggled as we just saw.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 30, 2022, 07:25:45 PMMatt,

I am not surprised you are putting all the blame on DJ.  This wasn't a game that was on par with his other outstanding efforts.  Still, if I think it's a bit of tunnel vision not to see the role injuries and lack of receiving weapons played. 
I think when you see an offensive player of the week take a downturn, it's wise to look only at the player

Not putting all the blame on DJ, Rich; however, I'm not absolving him either, as you're attempting to do.  He had a bad day today; you can admit that, while simultaneously believing he's a top 10 QB.  It's not a binary choice. As I stated, I suspect he'll be on your 'goats list' tomorrow; or at best, be just above it.  If that comes to fruition, coupled with his rating and QBR, do you believe he had a good game?

Rambo89

Yes they missed Bellinger but even if he played today they would have lost.  Bad performance by the offense all around.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

Quote from: kingm56 on October 30, 2022, 07:32:02 PMNot putting all the blame on DJ, Rich; however, I'm not absolving him either, as you're attempting to do.  He had a bad day today; you can admit that, while simultaneously believing he's a top 10 QB.  It's not a binary choice. As I stated, I suspect he'll be on your 'goats list' tomorrow; or at best, be just above it.  If that comes to fruition, coupled with his rating and QBR, do you believe he had a good game?

I am curious why you haven't talked about the impact of Bellinger missing. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kingm56

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 30, 2022, 07:36:29 PMI am curious why you haven't talked about the impact of Bellinger missing.

Go back to the draft night thread and you'll see there was no bigger advocate for Daniel B.  It mattered, but Daniel B did not miss at least three open WRs for TDs today. Missing Brdida streaking down the sideline hurt as much as James fumble.  I'm curious to understand why you're having difficulties stating DJ had a poor game?  Again, it doesn't mean he hasn't been good this year, or won't be good for the remainder of the season.  He just wasn't good today.  That's it...

AYM

Bellinger is the only person on this offense that can consistently get open and keep the chains moving. Losing him was a huge blow and Huson wasn't up for the task. Teams will just put 9 guys in the box and dare the Giants to throw, knowing they can't.

MightyGiants

Quote from: kingm56 on October 30, 2022, 07:43:11 PMGo back to the draft night thread and you'll see there was no bigger advocate for Daniel B.  It mattered, but Daniel B did not miss at least three open WRs for TDs today. Missing Brdida streaking down the sideline hurt as much as James fumble.  I'm curious to why you're having difficulties stating DJ had a poor game?  Again, it doesn't mean he hasn't been good this year, or won't be good for the remainder of the season.  He just wasn't good today.  That's it...

Matt, you couldn't even go two sentences without steering the conversation back to your favorite whipping boy.  Look, you are free to bash DJ.  I was hoping to have a quality Xs, and Os conversation about an issue that I don't think was appreciated by many.  I am sure there will be more than enough opportunities to criticize DJ, do you really need to do it on a thread that isn't about him? 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: AYM on October 30, 2022, 07:44:26 PMBellinger is the only person on this offense that can consistently get open and keep the chains moving. Losing him was a huge blow and Huson wasn't up for the task. Teams will just put 9 guys in the box and dare the Giants to throw, knowing they can't.

Exactly, plus Bellinger was also the best blocking TE on the roster.  His absence also hampered the running game.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Hudson had a good day in the passing game. Thrown him the ball and he has a lotta more 19 yards per reception.

The Giants looked bad and perhaps the travel had some effect but the Offense and Special Teams killed them. Also while the Defense played an overall good game the Metcalf TD was a busted play.

The loss of Bellinger was not the key reason for the loss.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin