News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

This team really misses Bellinger

Started by MightyGiants, October 30, 2022, 07:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxdxca38

In my opinion to say Daniel Jones was brutal is over exaggerating his performance.

Was he good? No, but was he brutal? No, in my opinion he was average and didn't have a good game, but he wasn't the reason why this team lost.

The Giants were down 7 points in the 4th quarter about to get the ball back with about 6 minutes left to tie the game, but James fumbled the punt return.

He (meaning James) cost the team an opportunity to tie or even win the game, and he fumbled not once but twice.

A brutal performance in my opinion is when the QB throws four interceptions in one game, that is a brutal performance.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 30, 2022, 08:08:50 PMThis is a ridiculous thread.

Ed,

Ed if you think it's all about yardage, you are missing the points I was making.  Two way TEs by definition are more than just pass catchers.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Quote from: sxdxca38 on October 30, 2022, 08:18:04 PMIn my opinion to say Daniel Jones was brutal is over exaggerating his performance.

Was he good? No, but was he brutal? No, in my opinion he was average and didn't have a good game, but he wasn't the reason why this team lost.

The Giants were down 7 points in the 4th quarter about to get the ball back with about 6 minutes left to tie the game, but James fumbled the punt return.

He (meaning James) cost the team an opportunity to tie or even win the game, and he fumbled not once but twice.

A brutal performance in my opinion is when the QB throws four interceptions in one game, that is a brutal performance.

My eyes saw a brutal game by the QB. The same guy who I feel is beginning to turn the corner and make me a believer. But today he had a brutal game and if he did his job and was on we would have won. That is what franchise QBs can and should do.

The stats speak for themselves. And I'm not a big stat guy either

MightyGiants

QB rating when targetted

Bellinger - 143.1

Hudson - 71.5

That will go up a bit after this game but not all that much.  Hudson was targeted 5 times for 58 yard and no touchdowns, so I wouldn't think the bump will be that big.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

So....Hudson played well and caught everything thrown his way correct?...

Slugsy-Narrows

Very Simple!

Take those two fumbles away and what's the score?

That is the difference of the game!

No turnovers this game is close and the winnable!

Kafka doesn't deviate from what gave use the wins prior and maybe without the turnovers we play well.

DJ wasn't Sharp as he was weeks prior  everyone can have a bad game!  This was one.  Now how does he bounce back against 2 teams we should beat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on October 30, 2022, 08:39:02 PMSo....Hudson played well and caught everything thrown his way correct?...

He caught 3 out of 5 targets
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Woody

Quote from: Trench on October 30, 2022, 08:01:22 PMThe only tunnel vision today was #8 who locked on almost every single receiver. The loss is on him. If he makes the throws we win the game
That is a little bit of a stretch saying that if he makes two throws they win the game. The sideline pass was not a given even if he caught it and the Robinson one ( I think you are talking about) looked like he was open but like I said when Jones threw the ball was he open or did the defenders come off him after the ball was thrown and in turn made Robinson look open . Jones does have a problem with trusting his receivers to catch a pass when they are covered . Many QB's throw it knowing their guy is good enough to beat the defender and catch the ball .  Something he should do more often .....but I don't think he trusts them enough to do that. Example was last week with Slayton td . Defender was right with Slayton and Jones threw it anyway. He needs to do more of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kartanoman

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 30, 2022, 07:06:22 PMI have been saying all week that the loss of Bellinger was a hit this injury depleted team couldn't overcome.

Hi Rich.

I agree with you from the standpoint that Bellinger was missed today. In fact, I don't think there's anyone who would disagree about that. But, for the delta performance Bellinger would have provided, over the TEs today who produced, might have been easier to overcome than those two special teams' fumbles. They not only led to points for Seattle but, also, turned the momentum to them after the Giants were beginning to quiet the crowd a bit.

I continue to keep Daniel in my thoughts and prayers for a successful recovery of his sight and equilibrium. After that, I pray he'll be able to return to the field and continue to build on what has been a great season for him.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

MightyGiants

Quote from: kartanoman on October 30, 2022, 09:45:23 PMHi Rich.

I agree with you from the standpoint that Bellinger was missed today. In fact, I don't think there's anyone who would disagree about that. But, for the delta performance Bellinger would have provided, over the TEs today who produced, might have been easier to overcome than those two special teams' fumbles. They not only led to points for Seattle but, also, turned the momentum to them after the Giants were beginning to quiet the crowd a bit.

I continue to keep Daniel in my thoughts and prayers for a successful recovery of his sight and equilibrium. After that, I pray he'll be able to return to the field and continue to build on what has been a great season for him.

Peace!

Chris,

I am not sure Bellinger could have overcome the turnovers, but I think the entire offense would have looked signicantly better with him playing.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

All of a sudden Bellinger is a difference maker (which I believe he is). Yet half the board sighed when others posted he was indeed a legit player.

Point being - us fans only know so much. Trust our front office. They know why they're doing

kartanoman

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 30, 2022, 10:33:15 PMChris,

I am not sure Bellinger could have overcome the turnovers, but I think the entire offense would have looked signicantly better with him playing.

I can't argue against that, Rich. He came to the Giants ad a reliable pass catcher. To date, I don't believe he's dropped a single pass thrown at him. Assuming that trend continued, there's no doubt the offense would have been better. Considerably? Maybe. But definitely better. I'm glad he's a Giant, for that I have zero doubt.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)