News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The bye is coming at the right time fo rus

Started by True Blue, October 31, 2022, 08:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Blue

The way we lost yesterday stings, but at the end of the day they were in it until halfway into the 4th. And a 6-2 record to start the year, and heading into a bye is nothing to scoff at.

They now get an extra week to prepare, and get healthy. And then get back to work with two 1 win teams at home after the bye. Though 1 win teams, both have played tough most weeks like us, and should not be slept on.

But having this bye before these two lesser opponents does give them an opportunity to rest, hopefully get healthy and get maybe a few players back, but also gives them a chance to find a better rhythm, and gain back some momentum goin into the tougher stretch of the season, 5 division games, and a date with the Vikings who are hot and playing very well.  We need to win at least half of those games.

How does everyone feel about this team halfway in, and how do you feel about the second half as things are?

MightyGiants

Here is what is left

Here is the team's schedule after the bye

Nov 13   Sun   Texans            
Nov 20   Sun   Lions      
Nov 24   Thu   at Cowboys      
Dec 4   Sun   Commanders         
Dec 11   Sun   Eagles      
Dec 17/18   at Commanders         
Dec 24   Sat   at Vikings         
Jan 1   Sun   Colts         
Jan 7/8      at Eagles   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

I'll also add that it was great to see Gates back, great story, great person who worked his ass off to get back. They need all the OL help they can get moving forward.

MightyGiants

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on October 31, 2022, 09:53:59 AMI'll also add that it was great to see Gates back, great story, great person who worked his ass off to get back. They need all the OL help they can get moving forward.

I totally agree, what a great story.  The guy goes from nearly losing his leg to being back on the football field  :ok:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 31, 2022, 08:46:57 AMHere is what is left

Nov 13   Sun   Texans            
Nov 20   Sun   Lions      
Dec 4   Sun   Commanders         
Dec 11   Sun   Eagles      
Jan 1   Sun   Colts         
Jan 7/8      at Eagles
There are 4-5 wins in there if we get healthy and play mistake free ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jclayton92

Quote from: Slugsy-Narrows on October 31, 2022, 10:30:59 AMThere are 4-5 wins in there if we get healthy and play mistake free ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
problem is that even though the Texans, lions, Colts, and Commanders are not good they have pieces that scare me. The lions have a sneaky good offense.

state_property

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 31, 2022, 08:46:57 AMHere is what is left

Nov 13   Sun   Texans            
Nov 20   Sun   Lions      
Dec 4   Sun   Commanders         
Dec 11   Sun   Eagles      
Jan 1   Sun   Colts         
Jan 7/8      at Eagles   

I really do 't see us going 0-6 in our division.  2-4 at worst and 3-3 at best.

I can see us sweeping Washington, split with Dallas and getting swept by Philly (or visa versa between Dallas and Philly)