News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants' roster ranked among the NFL's worst?

Started by brownelvis54, April 21, 2024, 03:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Is this fair? ,Austin Mock of The Athletic recently took it upon himself to rank the rosters of all 32 teams ahead of the 2024 NFL draft and it doesn't look good for the Giants. They were listed at No. 30 overall, BUT.....

Two teams rank worse for 2024, but I think the Giants might be in the worst shape for the future. The Giants have paid a QB, who isn't the answer, a ton of money, and they don't have a pick to draft one of the top prospects in this year's draft. They could move up to get one, but if they don't, I suppose wide receiver makes the most sense.

What concerns me the most, is to me this is true, we might actually be the worst team roster wise in the entire league and we only have 6 picks.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2024/04/20/new-york-giants-roster-ranked-among-nfl-worst/
The KING is in the building

Bob In PA

In the NFL, there exists a "hump" and you're either over or under it.

It's rare to be exactly on the hump, but I believe the owners/GM/Head Coach of the Giants believe we're on it.

I hope they're right... and I don't have to take a poll here to know where our members stand on that issue.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

I think we have the worst offensive roster in the league but defensively I don't think we're anything close to that bad. We have an elite DT, excellent edge rushers, a budding young star at CB, and a pro bowl caliber mike backer. No doubt there is still plenty of room for improvement but unless this new DC is a complete train wreck, I have to believe our D will be no worse than average this year.

I'm not sure where it all nets out. We still need to see the draft too, obviously, although to your point we're not exactly drowning in draft capital (albeit we're high in the order of most rounds we pick in).

brownelvis54

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 21, 2024, 03:28:08 PMI think we have the worst offensive roster in the league but defensively I don't think we're anything close to that bad. We have an elite DT, excellent edge rushers, a budding young star at CB, and a pro bowl caliber mike backer. No doubt there is still plenty of room for improvement but unless this new DC is a complete train wreck, I have to believe our D will be no worse than average this year.

I'm not sure where it all nets out. We still need to see the draft too, obviously, although to your point we're not exactly drowning in draft capital (albeit we're high in the order of most rounds we pick in).

I tend to agree with you as far as our defense goes, The only concern is at safety

Offense is an entirely different subject to me.
The KING is in the building

DaveBrown74

Quote from: brownelvis54 on April 21, 2024, 04:30:27 PMI tend to agree with you as far as our defense goes, The only concern is at safety

Offense is an entirely different subject to me.

CB2 is probably more of a concern for me than safety. I understand we lost our best safety, but I feel like we still have enough there to be decent enough at the position.

Offensively we're a mess, although the O line should be a bit better with the additions we have already made plus whatever we get in the draft, along with the new O line coach. Overall we're brutal at QB and the skill positions though, and our O line is obviously still bad until we see otherwise.