News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

QB Michael Pratt Pro Day

Started by MightyGiants, March 26, 2024, 02:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

There does not seem to be strong interest from the Giants

Jim Nagy
@JimNagy_SB
PRO-DAY UPDATE: Great turnout this morning for Tulane pro-day, which was moved to #Saints indoor facility due to inclement weather. 28 NFL teams were in attendance, including Ass't GMs from 𝙍𝙖𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨 & 𝘿𝙤𝙡𝙥𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙨.

QB coaches from 𝘾𝙤𝙬𝙗𝙤𝙮𝙨, 𝙅𝙚𝙩𝙨, & 𝙍𝙖𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨 and WR coaches from 𝙏𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙨 & 𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙤𝙨 came to see
@seniorbowl
 alums QB Michael Pratt and WR Jha'Quan Jackson.

Based on league feedback, Pratt and South Carolina's Spencer Rattler will be either sixth or seventh QBs drafted this year, both likely going on Day 2.  Numerous teams we've spoken with have starter level grades on
@Mpratt_

Jackson opted not to run 40 after cooking 4.42 official 🔥 at Combine but he looked explosive running routes in drill work.

#TheDraftStartsInMOBILE™️

https://x.com/JimNagy_SB/status/1772684275449577668?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Pratt has really been hiding in the wings. He could be a steal for some team. I'd be surprised if the Giants drafted a QB, but if they did, I would expect it to be someone like Pratt in the 3rd or 4th round. Good size, great arm...seems he has the right mental aptitude. Only thing holding him back from the same discussions with Nix and Pennix is he comes from a small school
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

FL GMAN

I don't know if Michael will make it but you won't find a nicer kid. He used to date the girl next door in High School and I got the opportunity to speak with him on multiple occasions. I am rooting for him.

AZGiantFan

Maybe the Giants not showing interest is part of their smokescreen.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: AZGiantFan on March 26, 2024, 03:40:30 PMMaybe the Giants not showing interest is part of their smokescreen.
Every move, every single word uttered, and every rumor (purposely leaked or by fan speculation)...it's all smoke. We won't find out what's on their minds until draft night...well, and the next two days
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jclayton92

https://youtu.be/Dc76dSSZDvA?si=NVcIBTc8-C1PEWey

Pratt vs USC w/ Caleb Williams last year. He's got wheels.

I like him better than Nix/Penix if I'm being honest, higher floor.

brownelvis54

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 26, 2024, 02:45:38 PMPratt has really been hiding in the wings. He could be a steal for some team. I'd be surprised if the Giants drafted a QB, but if they did, I would expect it to be someone like Pratt in the 3rd or 4th round. Good size, great arm...seems he has the right mental aptitude. Only thing holding him back from the same discussions with Nix and Pennix is he comes from a small school

I have been saying this for months
The KING is in the building

kingm56

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 26, 2024, 03:46:00 PMEvery move, every single word uttered, and every rumor (purposely leaked or by fan speculation)...it's all smoke. We won't find out what's on their minds until draft night...well, and the next two days

Even then, we won't truly know, Jolly.  The Giants, like every team, will be forced to adjust their draft based on player availability.  I do find it funny that every team always ends up with the person they 'were targeting.'  A few years ago DG was visibility pissed (I don't recall the round/1st Smith...maybe) when a player was picked ahead of the Giants.  Yet, during the post-draft interview, 'they got the player they targeted.'  Yeah, right....

I really do like Pratt's athleticism, accuracy and touch; although, his limited arm strength is a major concern. He reminds me of a much more athletic Chad Pennington.  I'd be ok if the Giants chose to take a flyer in the 5th round.  You're far more informed/knowledgeable on college QBs than I am.  What's your assessment, Jolly?     

kingm56

Quote from: Jclayton92 on March 26, 2024, 04:25:44 PMhttps://youtu.be/Dc76dSSZDvA?si=NVcIBTc8-C1PEWey

Pratt vs USC w/ Caleb Williams last year. He's got wheels.

I like him better than Nix/Penix if I'm being honest, higher floor.

I concede your knowledge of college football prospects vastly outstrips my own; however, I have to disagree with your assessment.   Pratt may have the weakest arm in the draft, which vastly limits his ceiling  Admittedly, Nix's only possess an adequate arm, but Penix has plus arm-strength.  Pratt will really struggle in less than ideal weather conditions; I also don't believe he can drive the ball through tight NFL windows or complete the deep-out with any consistency.  For this reason, I can't put him in the same tier as Nix or Penix; although, nothing is for sure.  If he can make the anticipatory throws akin to Purdy, he could be a plus starter.   

Jclayton92

Quote from: kingm56 on March 27, 2024, 03:41:23 AMI concede your knowledge of college football prospects vastly outstrips my own; however, I have to disagree with your assessment.   Pratt may have the weakest arm in the draft, which vastly limits his ceiling  Admittedly, Nix's only possess an adequate arm, but Penix has plus arm-strength.  Pratt will really struggle in less than ideal weather conditions; I also don't believe he can drive the ball through tight NFL windows or complete the deep-out with any consistency.  For this reason, I can't put him in the same tier as Nix or Penix; although, nothing is for sure.  If he can make the anticipatory throws akin to Purdy, he could be a plus starter.   

No I can agree with that Pratt doesn't do anything excellent but everything well. He's the type that if you have a good team in place he can win you 11 games but won't ever be able to carry a team.

londonblue

The Giants history drafting mid round QB prospects is hideous. If there is one thing I desperately do not want us to do in a draft where we have only six picks and roster holes everywhere is to spend a valuable pick on a R3 or 4 QB who will most likely compete with De Vito to make the roster year one when you can regularly find early career starters at lower valued positions in those rounds.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

katkavage

Quote from: londonblue on March 27, 2024, 08:04:29 AMThe Giants history drafting mid round QB prospects is hideous. If there is one thing I desperately do not want us to do in a draft where we have only six picks and roster holes everywhere is to spend a valuable pick on a R3 or 4 QB who will most likely compete with De Vito to make the roster year one when you can regularly find early career starters at lower valued positions in those rounds.
I agree. Go for it or not. Don't try to think you can get lucky and find a Brady or Purdy in the later rounds.