News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

J.K. Dobbins

Started by Stringer Bell, March 27, 2024, 01:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stringer Bell

He's been cleared for football activities.

Typically I'm against signing guys with recent injury history, but he's someone I'd be willing to roll the dice on. Still only 25 and has averaged 5.8 ypc in his career.

I'd be down with a low base salary, high incentive contract for him over a couple of years. Think he'd make for a great complement to Singletary.

Philosophers

Quote from: Stringer Bell on March 27, 2024, 01:34:35 PMHe's been cleared for football activities.

Typically I'm against signing guys with recent injury history, but he's someone I'd be willing to roll the dice on. Still only 25 and has averaged 5.8 ypc in his career.

I'd be down with a low base salary, high incentive contract for him over a couple of years. Think he'd make for a great complement to Singletary.

Yes even if a stopgap for a year or 2

PSUBeirut

Nah.  Just draft a stud in round 4-6.  It's easy and super cost effective.

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: PSUBeirut on March 27, 2024, 01:51:48 PMNah.  Just draft a stud in round 4-6.  It's easy and super cost effective.
How about doing both?

Dobbins despite his size, is a powerful runner. A bit like Ahmad Bradshaw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Hadron

Dobbins has back to back seasons with serious injuries. Incentive-laden or not, he's anything but reliable.

uconnjack8

The guy has played 9 games since 2020 with two big injuries, no thanks.  Further, when you look at his stats keep in mind 1) he has played in a gimmicky offense that helps RBs 2) has played behind one of the top 10 (probably better for run blocking ) OLs in the NFL. 

The combination of less around him and playing 9 games in 3 years has me feeling like the team should pass. 

DaveBrown74

No interest in banged up vet RBs, myself. It's just too easy to get solid ones with fresh legs and little to no injury histories in the mid rounds of the draft.

andrew_nyGiants

You guys convinced me.

Risk vs reward = no Dobbins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Philosophers

Quote from: uconnjack8 on March 27, 2024, 02:37:47 PMThe guy has played 9 games since 2020 with two big injuries, no thanks.  Further, when you look at his stats keep in mind 1) he has played in a gimmicky offense that helps RBs 2) has played behind one of the top 10 (probably better for run blocking ) OLs in the NFL. 

The combination of less around him and playing 9 games in 3 years has me feeling like the team should pass. 

Good info.  Didnt know all that.  Pass.