News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What day 3 QB would you take?

Started by brownelvis54, February 29, 2024, 10:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What day 3 QB would you take ?

katkavage

brownelvis54

Quote from: katkavage on March 16, 2024, 03:35:47 PMWaste pick.

What makes you say that what it is it about these three quarterbacks...... that makes you think they would be unsuccessful in the NFL I'm curious.

There's no guarantee the top quarterbacks in this draft would be successful. I'm just curious why you're so down on the three mentioned ?
The KING is in the building

londonblue

Talking to my relative working for a different franchise I know he does not buy the idea it is a top 4. I am not 100% sold he even believes it is actually a top 3 for many teams. He suspects teams who like Maye are not so strong on Daniels and vice versa.

He speculates that it is possible several teams have McCarthy or Penix above one or both of them. He does not think he has heard that anyone sees big enough upside with Nix but he is seen as higher floor than some higher rated guys.

The media narrative and team perceptions can vary widely, particularly with teams getting more specific on 'fit'. They are more proficient at managing secrecy and controlling messaging including deliberate misinformation. There were a lot of R1 "surprises" in the last couple of drafts after all.

I am expecting the unexpected. Bring it on!
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

madbadger

Quote from: brownelvis54 on March 16, 2024, 04:07:04 PMWhat makes you say that what it is it about these three quarterbacks...... that makes you think they would be unsuccessful in the NFL I'm curious.

There's no guarantee the top quarterbacks in this draft would be successful. I'm just curious why you're so down on the three mentioned ?

I get that people have personal preferences but they tend to be grossly ill-informed. The link I provided was to a YouTube channel run by a former NFL quarterback who spent half an hour breaking down the top six guys using the all 22 film. He goes into the scheme, the quarterbacks reads based on the scheme and what defense the opponent is in at the time. After watching all six he spent more time praising Nix's ability to read the defense and deliver an accurate ball than any of the other five. He also broke down how Oregon's receivers routinely screwed him by dropping the ball or by running sloppy lazy routes. He also said that Maye is unlikely to be ready to compete day one because of a bunch of fundamental flaws that will kill him in the NFL.

It's well worth the time to watch whichever quarterback you favor to get a sense of what that player does well and what he really needs to work on. Personally I have never seen a better resource available to evaluate a quarterback prospect. Sure as hell beats the tired "he came up small in the Pac 12 title game and therefore sucks" evaluation we see here every year.

brownelvis54

Quote from: madbadger on March 16, 2024, 05:21:30 PMI get that people have personal preferences but they tend to be grossly ill-informed. The link I provided was to a YouTube channel run by a former NFL quarterback who spent half an hour breaking down the top six guys using the all 22 film. He goes into the scheme, the quarterbacks reads based on the scheme and what defense the opponent is in at the time. After watching all six he spent more time praising Nix's ability to read the defense and deliver an accurate ball than any of the other five. He also broke down how Oregon's receivers routinely screwed him by dropping the ball or by running sloppy lazy routes. He also said that Maye is unlikely to be ready to compete day one because of a bunch of fundamental flaws that will kill him in the NFL.

It's well worth the time to watch whichever quarterback you favor to get a sense of what that player does well and what he really needs to work on. Personally I have never seen a better resource available to evaluate a quarterback prospect. Sure as hell beats the tired "he came up small in the Pac 12 title game and therefore sucks" evaluation we see here every year.

I will check out your link in a bit. Madbadger, where do you think Nix will be available in round 1?

madbadger

Quote from: brownelvis54 on March 16, 2024, 07:02:49 PMI will check out your link in a bit. Madbadger, where do you think Nix will be available in round 1?

I don't see him getting much past 20 tbh.

brownelvis54

Quote from: madbadger on March 16, 2024, 07:31:38 PMI don't see him getting much past 20 tbh.

I dont like using drat capital to move back up, I think we dont have a choice. Joe Scheon just passed up on a cheap Wilson and Fields. He needs to get a QB this draft

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on March 16, 2024, 07:31:38 PMI don't see him getting much past 20 tbh.

Probably true. Wouldn't shock me if the Rams took him at 19. Let him be an understudy to Stafford for a couple years.

brownelvis54

Quote from: katkavage on March 16, 2024, 03:35:47 PMWaste pick.

Michael Pratt is getting a lot of praise, low risk, perhaps high reward.