News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT Having ignored RB in the draft Cowboys re-signing Ezekiel Elliott

Started by MightyGiants, April 29, 2024, 08:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDjohnst1981

MightyGiants

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on April 29, 2024, 08:43:47 AMThat depth chart ought to be concerning.

I agree, while the committee approach to RB has minimized the importance of individual RBs, the running game is still an important part of any offense.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

I do think Zeke has a bit left in the tank but he's not the superstar he once was. From memory and not looking up the stats I thought he was so-so down the stretch for the Pats.

MightyGiants

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on April 29, 2024, 08:49:41 AMI do think Zeke has a bit left in the tank but he's not the superstar he once was. From memory and not looking up the stats I thought he was so-so down the stretch for the Pats.

Agreed, he has gone from an elite RB to one that is a bit above average.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 29, 2024, 08:53:49 AMAgreed, he has gone from an elite RB to one that is a bit above average.

3.5 YPC is more than a bit below average.  My guess is he will be a non-factor.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Hadron

Ironically, my wife saw Zeke this morning when she was receiving PT.

Jolly Blue Giant

The fact that NE didn't bother to re-sign him, nor did they draft a RB, pretty much tells me that Zeke is on his last legs in the NFL. If he showed anything last year that excited the Patriots, he'd still be a Patriot

Dallas is heading towards the bottom of the division. They have not improved anywhere, while losing some good talent...and of course, they are led by a choke artist in Dak. I hope we beat them like a rented mule this coming season
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

Zeke is washed up... he has no burst left. He can probably still add some value as a blocker, and if a hole is blasted open for him he can obviously still run through it, but none of the things that once made him a top notch back are still present, at least not to anything close to the degree that they once were.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he doesn't lead their backfield in touches this year.

Trench

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 29, 2024, 02:53:24 PMThe fact that NE didn't bother to re-sign him, nor did they draft a RB, pretty much tells me that Zeke is on his last legs in the NFL. If he showed anything last year that excited the Patriots, he'd still be a Patriot

Dallas is heading towards the bottom of the division. They have not improved anywhere, while losing some good talent...and of course, they are led by a choke artist in Dak. I hope we beat them like a rented mule this coming season

Hopefully you're right but every time I expect them to go backwards, they seem to improve.

ozzie

Jerry Jones is loyal to his players to a fault.
I mean, it's good to be loyal but he doesn't know when to let them go.
I don't think has any value at this point, Jerry just wants him to retire as a Cowboy.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara