News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I still read an actual paper and I still read some of the comics

Started by MightyGiants, Today at 12:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Pearls before Swine is one of favorite comic strips, Steve Pastis is hilarious

I love reading a real newspaper, but I can't afford them. The Binghamton Press used to be 3 or 4 sections with about 30 pages of news for 50 cents. Now it's 2.50, 1 section, 8 pages (3 are obits) and the rest basically taken from the USA Today. Awful

Syracuse Post only prints a paper a couple of times a week, plus weekends, and the Cortland Standard (1.75) every other day, not including Sunday

I now get my news off the internet Binghamton Press, Syracuse Post, NJ.com and NY Post. A lot cheaper and more content. I particularly miss "local news" that used to be the bulk of local newspapers. I suspect the day will come when there are no more printed newspapers  :(

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on Today at 01:03:01 PMPearls before Swine is one of favorite comic strips, Steve Pastis is hilarious

I love reading a real newspaper, but I can't afford them. The Binghamton Press used to be 3 or 4 sections with about 30 pages of news for 50 cents. Now it's 2.50, 1 section, 8 pages (3 are obits) and the rest basically taken from the USA Today. Awful

Syracuse Post only prints a paper a couple of times a week, plus weekends, and the Cortland Standard (1.75) every other day, not including Sunday

I now get my news off the internet Binghamton Press, Syracuse Post, NJ.com and NY Post. A lot cheaper and more content. I particularly miss "local news" that used to be the bulk of local newspapers. I suspect the day will come when there are no more printed newspapers  :(

I read the Newark Star-Ledger.   I think my days of getting an actual paper are numbered (I will admit it's expensive).   They have already done away with their print Saturday edition (I have to read the digital copy online) and they have been bugging me to save money and go all digital.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE