News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Yesterday showed its a big mistake to draw power ranking conclusions

Started by BluesCruz, December 11, 2023, 07:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

Yesterday we found out that by beating Pittsburg, the Patriots should likely not be branded the worst team in the league.  That KC is not the power team of yesterday losing to the Bills (a team we should have beaten but for an inexplicable audible with no time remaining).  The Bears (the other "worst team in the NFL) clobbering the Lions.

This guy Kelce should have consulted Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson before embarking on a PR ravenous romance in NFL mid season.  Has he played well since that started?     Also his brother felt the need to inform the world of what its like to be inside the NFL before meeting Dallas

Im not diminishing the victories of the Packers but we have had the sheer dominance of their last two victories beaten over our heads while we beat "nobodies".  I thought that was a fallacy before this weeks results and results are proving that true.

The Eagles a team we must beat twice got clobbered. The Jets pulled out of their nosedive.  The Houston QB came back to earth.

The Packers are right in the middle of our weight class.  We are at home and surging.
I expect another win tonight.  I expect TommyD to shake off the "Monday Night Blues" with his uncanny confidence and bring this victory home.  More than anytime in NFL history, the league is a level playing field

If the Packers do dominate the Giants as many have predicted, so be it.  Its, however, not a walk in the park for their "Juggernaut" of "better talent", "better QB" Blah Blah Blah

Giving them 7 points on our turf is insulting to say the least.

To reach the promised land we must now dispatch the Packers, beat The Saints and Rams and beat an Eagles team which suddenly have been defeathered with a thud.

The opportunity to run the table is there.  As The late Jim Fassell once said we have to push all the chips to the middle of the table.   If we do by some miracle, make the SB this year it would be nice to face The Ravens again as in 2000.  Payback time perhaps?

Tribute to Fassell who got some serious bad calls in 2000.  Starting with a pick called back for some ref hallucination.  That kind of drained away our energy for sure.

But I Digress....1st things 1st- The 6-6 Green Packers

Who wants it more?  Thats what will determine this outcome. 

That and turnovers, in what should be a hard hitting contest.
Hard hits breed WR alligator arms and lots of fumbles. and INTs

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Jclayton92

The Eagles are 1-1 against the Cowboys this season. The same team that beat us 89-17 over 2 losses this season.

Ed Vette

Teams transition from season to season and during the season. Dallas was challenged earlier in the season against the better teams but now they're peaking and are clearly to me the best team in the league, and Prescott for all the xxxx he took over the years is playing like he's the best QB in the game right now. That will change too.

With the losses the Eagles had from LY, I saw a slight decline coming. Sometimes the most subtle things can have an effect on a game or a season. A couple of key players or Coaches are missing and teams nowadays know very well how to exploit it. Look at the effect losing Thomas and Barkley had on the Giants' Offense. Distractions and mistakes have brought the Chiefs down to earth. It's not who you play but when you play them.

Add to that the fact that the NFL has achieved the parity they strived for and on any given Sunday underdogs win games. Look at the Jets who have an outstanding Defense, just needed a QB to take them over the top. Wilson was the beaten dog for two seasons. When he saw how two veterans played worse than he did, it gave him some confidence and he had a breakout game. I never thought he was a bad QB, just wasn't prepared to start in this league and I thought a year or two under Rodgers would be his salvation. Rodgers stood up for Wilson and that had to be a big boost for him.

The Giants' Defense has finally come into their own in the last two games. I'm convinced that Wink needed to have his wings clipped and now he's employing game strategies he hasn't before. He went from Mad Blitzer Bring The House, to bring what's best to defeat the opponent. I don't think he's played as much Zone or quarters/Cover 2 in his career. He's taking advantage of the skills of his players. They are creating turnovers at an exponential rate. Add to that the confidence and enthusiasm of Tommy DeVito and it became contagious. 

Tell you what... if the Giants beat GB and Tommy has a good game, watch out. If they stay healthy, they may salvage this season.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

BluesCruz

Thanks Ed now both Ed's are onboard with that sterling post

I hope we have not jinxed TommyD and friends

:-)

Bob In PA

Blues: I'm not sure I agree 100% with your original post, but it's a really good one, IMO. Thanks. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

BluesCruz

Quote from: Bob In PA on December 11, 2023, 11:45:23 AMBlues: I'm not sure I agree 100% with your original post, but it's a really good one, IMO. Thanks. Bob

thanks Bob

I put a lot of work into that one

I am nervous about tonight....hopefully we win, stay healthy and the Tommy DeVito Cinderella story continues and grows

If we lose this one the playoff dream diminishes greatly