News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Wildcard Weekend Games

Started by DaveBrown74, January 13, 2024, 04:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Starting a thread for all of this weekend's action.

I have Cleveland in the current game although not with high conviction. Just hard to trust a rookie QB and rookie HC in their first ever playoff game against this caliber of a defense. But this could certainly go either way.

uconnjack8

I liked the Browns to win as well. 

Stroud really gets the ball out quick when he somes something he likes.

JT39

Bobby Slowick, OC for the Texans, will be a real hot name once they are eliminated. Texans offense is a rookie and a bunch of unproven player this year. Now Collins is a number 1. Singletary looks legit. Tank Dell was a stud rookie and obviously stroud had a great year.

katkavage

Fletch

Liking Browns too maybe for sentimental reasons; I am always a sucker for Cinderella stories like Flacco and Browns horrific record as a sports franchise.

uconnjack8

Was not expecting this to be this high scoring. 

uconnjack8

Missing easy calls like that is ridiculous at this level.   It was an obvious PI

sooners56

Super accurate easy looking TD pass by Stroud to Schultz
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

Fletch

T200

Looks like the Browns hit midnight sooner than many expected.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: T200 on January 13, 2024, 06:48:27 PMLooks like the Browns hit midnight sooner than many expected.

Definitely true.

Stroud is just a phenom. Amazing what an elite QB talent can do for a struggling franchise.

T200

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 13, 2024, 07:34:32 PMDefinitely true.

Stroud is just a phenom. Amazing what an elite QB talent can do for a struggling franchise.
He stays calm and has a short memory. He misses two deep TD passes and didn't let it shake his confidence.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Fletch

I cannot believe I just signed up for peacock. But then again there are no good shows on tv any more so what are you going to do if you want a relaxing evening?

In any event, they got Chris Simms doing pre game commentary and what is odd is  I like both Simms as football analysts. It is odd that father / son can do the same things and still be good and respectable at it.

So mant have  tried to get their kids in on the racket ; Bob Ross had his kid painting but, w/o Ross' hippie talk in between the painting -- it just was not the same. Dave Ramsey kids getting in on it -- just does not work. Millionaire Next Door author Thomas Stanley having his daughter write about millionaires etc. just does not work....

Fletch

And I hope the Dolphins kick the snot out of them ... this Taylor Sift Paying for a  football game on tv. pffff

uconnjack8

Quote from: Fletch on January 13, 2024, 08:04:40 PMI cannot believe I just signed up for peacock. But then again there are no good shows on tv any more so what are you going to do if you want a relaxing evening?

In any event, they got Chris Simms doing pre game commentary and what is odd is  I like both Simms as football analysts. It is odd that father / son can do the same things and still be good and respectable at it.

So mant have  tried to get their kids in on the racket ; Bob Ross had his kid painting but, w/o Ross' hippie talk in between the painting -- it just was not the same. Dave Ramsey kids getting in on it -- just does not work. Millionaire Next Door author Thomas Stanley having his daughter write about millionaires etc. just does not work....

I wouldnt mind if Pat Sajak's daughter took over that job.