News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: NY Rangers 2023 - 2024 Season

Started by Jaime, August 25, 2023, 12:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Florida is pretty stacked. They go four lines deep with talent, and Bobby is a great goalie... probably HOF material. I won't be surprised if this one goes to a game seven.

On the positive side, I think there might be more open ice in this series for Bread and Zibs.

kartanoman

Quote from: files58 on May 18, 2024, 09:48:08 PMFlorida will try to do the same thing to Panarin/Fox that they did to Marchand. Bennet got away with it. Maurice is a very good coach who desperately wants his name on the chalice. The Rangers raised the level of their game in the 3rd, they will need to keep their game on the incline. I noticed during the Cane series Fox was not coming down the boards like usual until that third period. Maybe he's getting closer to healed. There will be a ton of hitting this series. I hope the refs are legitimate in their calls, and no cheapies. Here's where Goodrow's Cup experience comes in handy. Florida is a really really good team. It will be interesting to see how many Ranger fans travel to Sunrise for the game and to see their grandparents.

You wrote down what I was thinking. You get to the semifinals, having people who have been there AND know what it takes to win, i.e. Barclay Goodrow, are intangibles that can help a team in a pinch. He doesn't tilt the ice, since the entire Florida team took the broom to the Canes last year in this round. But Goodrow has something those guys do not ... a Stanley Cup with his name on it. They also have a former Florida player who was also a former Canes player who drove his former team batty out there in round two. I think Vinny Trocheck is someone else who can get underneath the skin of the Bennetts and other goons on Florida's roster to throw them off a step. That could have a huge impact on improving the Rangers' chances.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

kartanoman

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 19, 2024, 12:14:29 AMFlorida is pretty stacked. They go four lines deep with talent, and Bobby is a great goalie... probably HOF material. I won't be surprised if this one goes to a game seven.

On the positive side, I think there might be more open ice in this series for Bread and Zibs.

They are already advertising this one as a battle of best goalies in the league. Wait! What happened to Vezina Trophy winning Hellebuyck, anyway?

Anyway, I agree that the Z-man and the Breadman will have chances but I also think that this could be the series where Jack Roslovic, and his blazing speed, kicks into full gear and creates open spaces for our scoring heroes. He's played very well this off-season, as well as Wennberg, but Jack just needs to clean up the accuracy of his passing, a bit more, and keep shooting the puck, and he'll make an impact.

I'm hoping Laviolette is telling Jones to stay ready because I have a feeling we might see him before all is said and done.

Wednesday is going to be a good one! Meanwhile, if you haven't watched the Vancouver-Edmonton war, you're missing a Western classic. Game Seven on Monday in Vancouver, BC for winner take all and Dallas, who has home ice advantage, is ready for the winner. Oilers look dangerous! Connor McDavid is a f^@#!#g machine!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

nb587

Not going to be breaking any ground but this will be a really tough series.  To me, Florida is very similar to Carolina but they have better goaltending