News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

yes, a bit tricky, got it on my last guess
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bill Brown

Today's word was correct on my 2nd attempt. Talk about the luck of the Irish.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

MightyGiants

Quote from: ps11yat14 on March 15, 2022, 06:34:38 AM
Today's word was correct on my 2nd attempt. Talk about the luck of the Irish.

Bill

I found today's to be a tough one, I didn't get it until my 5th try
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Funny, I never really guess until I put my 3 main words in, so I will very rarely get it before 4. With today's word, using my regular words, after my second word I had 3 of the letters in their correct position, so with a bit of thought, I got it in 3. A rarity for me.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

I had all the letters for today's word early, but htere were so many good combinations that it took me till the last try to get it. Easy word, but a lot of combos

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

Wordle 278 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

First time getting it on the second guess. Blind squirrel got lucky today.

Hopefully I can get lucky with my Powerball ticket too!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on March 24, 2022, 09:16:11 AM
Wordle 278 2/6

🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

First time getting it on the second guess. Blind squirrel got lucky today.

Hopefully I can get lucky with my Powerball ticket too!

Good one!

I got it in the 3rd try. Started with Giant, which has become my go to word a lot...that and train, plain, strap, etc. I've gotten where I prefer common consonants to vowels

Ed Vette

Wordle 278 2/6

🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on March 24, 2022, 10:07:30 PM
Wordle 278 2/6

🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice, Ed!  :ok:

Jolly Blue Giant

So far (playing the unlimited Wordle gam) I have found the most difficult words to solve are vivid, civic, and mimic. I would not choose any of them for the first shot  LOL

MightyGiants

I haven't played for as long as some of you guys have, but knock on wood  :knockONwood:, I am currently undefeated (I can't show my stats because I use the web-based game on 3 different platforms).  I tend not to push hard to get the answer quickly as I believe that when you start guessing to get the word quickly you usually stray from the methodical approach that will ensure that you succeed before you run out of guesses.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

I agree with you, Rich. Early on, I was trying to rush it for some odd reason. I've only had one miss out of 65. That one was because I got impatient.

Jolly Blue Giant

That's my downfall. I act like I'm on a clock and I have to see how fast I can solve it. Being impatient, I sometimes throw a word in there with a letter that I absolutely know isn't available just to rearrange the yellows. Dumb. Probably a carry over from my younger years in which I know I had ADHD. I could never sit still and always had to be moving with a short attention span. Back in those days, there was no medication...they just called it, "friggin kid just won't sit still and relax". No meds, just occasional trips to the Principal's office and irritated parents and teachers  >:D

Anyway, took me 4 attempts today to get the answer  :(