News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

I'm waiting for the day the word is "QUEUE". That's gonna end a lot of streaks...LOL
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

LennG

I had 4 of the letters (1 green and 3 yellow) in 2. I was going to take a shot at it in 3, but I said, play it safe and go with what got me here, my usual logic. Which I did and got it in 4.
This is a common word in crossword puzzles, so once I saw the letters, it was pretty easy for me.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

I assume by Len's comments he does Crossword puzzles.   I play Words with friends. 

Does anyone else play other word games?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 27, 2022, 12:47:17 PM
I assume by Len's comments he does Crossword puzzles.   I play Words with friends. 

Does anyone else play other word games?

I like crosswords, but obviously not as good as Bob who does the Sunday NY Times crossword...whew - can't imagine  :no:

I used to try to do the NY Times one when I was flying every week for work. Could never finish one though. Always got a kick out of finding the crossword already done and completed and in ink  :what:

My mother does the daily crossword (not the Times one, just the local paper) then hands it to me later to finish what she couldn't do. It's a carry over from what my father and I would do. We also do crypto quotes which I've been pretty good at over the years. My daily brain exercise though is Sudoku. I do the daily challenge and as long as I finish in the top 100 I feel my brain is functioning properly. It usually takes me between 2 min 15 seconds and 2 min 45 sec. Done it several times in less than 2 minutes. On days that it takes me more than 3 minutes I figure my brain is off for the day. When it takes over 4 minutes, I might as well go back to bed. The daily challenge is done at the "easy" level, so flying through it requires looking at the whole board with peripheral vision having a good idea knowing your next move before you've even finished inserting the number. When I'm not doing the daily Sudoku challenge, I do the "medium" level where I average around 4 minutes. Sometimes I go to expert, but rarely. I primarily do Sudoku to take a quick check on how my brain is working for the day. For the record, if you play Sudoku on the following site that I use, if you put a number in the wrong box, it adds 15 seconds to your score

https://www.247sudoku.com/sudokuMedium.php

The nice thing about the 247 site is you can also play chess, checkers, backgammon, mahjong, etc...

LennG

I also do Sudoku almost every day. In our daily paper, they get progressively harder each day, so I don't even bother with Mon-Wed. but on Sunday, I get it about 1/2 the time and feel great when I do.
For whatever reason, Math was always my best subject and English (vocabulary) my weakest, so my Wordle adventures I enjoy. If they ever moved to 6 letter words, I would be out in a minute and throw a Jumble at me and I could sit and stare at it all day and never get it.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Wordle 343 3/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This was probably one of my more satisfying "guesses". The three yellow letters were tough to come up with a word using what was available and having to rearrange them to turn them green.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: T200 on May 28, 2022, 09:38:59 AM
Wordle 343 3/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This was probably one of my more satisfying "guesses". The three yellow letters were tough to come up with a word using what was available and having to rearrange them to turn them green.

Nice. I thought the word was quite tricky myself although I did get it in 4 tries

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bill Brown

""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

LennG

Charlie Weiss

T200

Wordle 344 3/6

🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Another good one

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Bill Brown

Wordle 344 4/6

?????
??🟨🟨?
🟨🟨🟨??
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

DaveBrown74

Got it in two today. My first two in about two months or so and only my third two in the official puzzle (ie not counting the practice ones) since I started.

I don't think this was an easy word at all, but my first word really helped me. So definitely some luck today. This is normally the type of word that would take me more guesses than average to get.

MightyGiants

My biggest challenge was I knew the word because I had 1 green (the first letter) and 4 yellows but it was figuring out how to spell the word I knew it was.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Well I struggled with it today. Only had two yellows after two tries. Took me 5  :(