News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Ranking the support for potential QB landing spots

Started by MightyGiants, April 21, 2024, 10:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I was meaning to do something like this.  Unfortunately, it's behind a paywall.  So here is just the rankings (the link has the explanations)

1. Minnesota Vikings
Pass blocking: B
Run game: B
Weapons: A
Play-caller: A-
Defense: A-

2. Chicago Bears
Pass blocking: A-
Weapons: A-
Play-caller: C+
Defense: B+

3. Denver Broncos
Pass blocking: B-
Weapons: C+
Play-caller: A
Defense: B

4. Las Vegas Raiders
Pass blocking: B
Run game: C
Weapons: A-
Play-caller: D
Defense: A-

5. New England Patriots
Pass blocking: C
Weapons: C
Play-caller: Unknown
Defense: A

6. New York Giants
Pass blocking: F
Run game: C
Weapons: D (potential F)
Play-caller: B
Defense: C

7. Washington Commanders
Pass blocking: C
Weapons: B-
Play-caller: C
Defense: F

https://theathletic.com/5421402/2024/04/19/2024-nfl-draft-ranking-qb-friendliness/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

I beg to differ on the play caller for the Giants. It's somewhat of a concern for me. Last season it seemed completely out of touch with what was going on on the field for several games.

Just go back and watch the first Dallas game. The Pass Protection struggled yet most of the routes came out of 11 personnel and intermediate to deep routes. Many outside the numbers. With the speed and quickness of Campbell, Shep, Hyatt and later in the season WDR, when there even was a shallow crosser or Dig, it was Waller or Slayton. Never testing the middle of the field in that game and completely void of any shallow mesh. Of course the couple of times there was a crosser, DJ missed its timing or he took off.

My concern is whether they draft a WR like Nabors or Odunze, how effective can they be and if they draft Maye, will he have the time to make those deep throws.

Under the current situation, the most effective QB's for the Giants would likely be Daniels who is out of reach or Bo Nix but they would need to change up those route combinations. They went too often to what DJ said he favored in the Hi-Low deep to intermediate.

I don't know who was responsible for the playbook more, Daboll or Kafka. Even the run plays were so obvious because they felt they needed additional blockers for those rushing schemes and it often was an X or Z only going out. Gone were the plays where there were rush and pass options.

Maybe it's just my perception. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

It's sad to see how bad we are across so many of those things you listed.