News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Barkley

Started by Leek21, September 17, 2023, 07:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leek21

Barkley made huge plays at the end, the TD and some great runs.

I hope he is okay, but that ankle injury did not look good.  Would be surprised if he is not out for a while.

Really too bad after such a huge win.

T200

I'm guessing a high ankle sprain. Probably out 4-6 weeks.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

The positive you could see Barkley standing on the sidelines and walking (admittedly with a limp)

the bad would be this

https://x.com/DrJesseMorse/status/1703553396232372249?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: T200 on September 17, 2023, 07:36:09 PMI'm guessing a high ankle sprain. Probably out 4-6 weeks.

This is my assumption as well. He was in a significant amount of pain. Just hope it wasn't a break.

MightyGiants

Jordan Raanan
@JordanRaanan
Saquon Barkley had an x-ray on his right ankle after the game. He limped around the locker room and it was a bit swollen. Clearly he had some pain and discomfort.

This is definitely a concern for the Giants and Barkley moving forward, especially with a short turnaround this week but also for the long-term prospects of the team. A damper on a dramatic win. #giants
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Another reason for hope-  I haven't heard anyone say he was in a walking boot
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

It's an opportunity for Eric Gray to get some touches.

I love Barkley, but unfortunately this is the story of his career. Not the first time he's gone out in the second game of the season.

Uni

Still not going to do anything about the hip drop tackle. I guess it they didn't do anything after it injured the marquee QB last season so they'll keep letting players get high ankle sprains and broken legs.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Dgoodmantrublu

I hate to say it, but this is another demonstration of why you don't pay running backs.

coggs

I am sure he is out for the season.

madbadger

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 17, 2023, 08:14:25 PMI hate to say it, but this is another demonstration of why you don't pay running backs.

Or draft them second overall.

Ed Vette

We all love Saquon Barkley but let's face it, he's good but he's not the same player that came into this league after all the injuries. Each one took something from him. There were runs and opportunities today where he would have broken for a huge gain five years ago. He also is not a sure handed Receiver.

I think we will find that a platoon will produce the same results.

Schoen won't be tagging him next year.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 17, 2023, 08:31:07 PMWe all love Saquon Barkley but let's face it, he's good but he's not the same player that came into this league after all the injuries. Each one took something from him. There were runs and opportunities today where he would have broken for a huge gain five years ago. He also is not a sure handed Receiver.

I think we will find that a platoon will produce the same results.

Schoen won't be tagging him next year.

I think my biggest issue isn't that Barkley is that big of a contributor (I think AZ had the better back today), it's that the Giants don't seem to have an adequate replacement.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 17, 2023, 08:13:07 PMI love Barkley, but unfortunately this is the story of his career. Not the first time he's gone out in the second game of the season.

Seemingly, we very rarely disagree but we've Barkley we did.

I wanted a long term deal. If it's 4-6 weeks, I was very wrong.