News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Barkley

Started by Leek21, September 17, 2023, 07:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B1GBLUE

hes going to wind up on one of those top 10 "what could have been" lists 10 years from now. hes had such bad luck with injuries. as others have stated, i wouldnt call him injury prone. id say he has bad luck

Philosophers

If the Giants beat the 49ers he will play the next game.  Winning gets star players back on the field earlier than expected.

TDToomer

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 18, 2023, 12:42:19 PMjust heard low ankle as opposed to high ankle on Pat Macafee show.

How do you stand watching that foul mouthed goon? How on earth did ESPN let him hijack their daytime programing?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Jclayton92

Quote from: TDToomer on September 18, 2023, 03:37:12 PMHow do you stand watching that foul mouthed goon? How on earth did ESPN let him hijack their daytime programing?
I watch it on youtube occasionally when I'm working out or running errands. He has a ton of good guests that actually don't sound scripted and I would much prefer that and the real interviews than something that is heavily scripted.

Do I agree with everything pat says including his take on the Giants, no. Do I like the guests that come on and the insight they provide, yes. So it's a trade off definitely.

DaveBrown74

McAffee has become big so he definitely gets legit guests, but I don't get the appeal of him specifically. He is loud and constantly screaming, and his jokes really aren't that funny IMO. I just don't get the appeal, but clearly he has done well so what do I know.

TDToomer

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 18, 2023, 08:51:15 PMI watch it on youtube occasionally when I'm working out or running errands. He has a ton of good guests that actually don't sound scripted and I would much prefer that and the real interviews than something that is heavily scripted.

Do I agree with everything pat says including his take on the Giants, no. Do I like the guests that come on and the insight they provide, yes. So it's a trade off definitely.

His whole look is ridiculous. Tank tops, everything sleeveless to show of his pipes. You were a punter! Yeah he gets pretentious Aaron Rodgers and others. But to me he looks cartoonish like PC Principal from South Park come to life.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Dgoodmantrublu

Most mass sports content is geared towards the lowest common denominator. Smart content has been pushed out to the smaller podcasts realm. It started with First Take and has gotten worse. NFL Network can't find an hour a week to give to Brian Baldinger, but can give endless time to talking head nonsense.

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 18, 2023, 09:04:00 PMMcAffee has become big so he definitely gets legit guests, but I don't get the appeal of him specifically. He is loud and constantly screaming, and his jokes really aren't that funny IMO. I just don't get the appeal, but clearly he has done well so what do I know.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 18, 2023, 09:16:39 PMMost mass sports content is geared towards the lowest common denominator. Smart content has been pushed out to the smaller podcasts realm. It started with First Take and has gotten worse. NFL Network can't find an hour a week to give to Brian Baldinger, but can give endless time to talking head nonsense.

I agree with this take; I just find him particularly painful myself.

Dgoodmantrublu

I agree with you. There is a reason he is where Rodgers goes to spew his nonsense.

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 18, 2023, 09:19:36 PMI agree with this take; I just find him particularly painful myself.

TDToomer

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 18, 2023, 09:35:37 PMI agree with you. There is a reason he is where Rodgers goes to spew his nonsense.

Don't forget his medical guru Joe Rogan.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 18, 2023, 09:04:00 PMMcAffee has become big so he definitely gets legit guests, but I don't get the appeal of him specifically. He is loud and constantly screaming, and his jokes really aren't that funny IMO. I just don't get the appeal, but clearly he has done well so what do I know.

Similar to how I feel about Joe Rogan.  But neither is surprising to me because I am clearly out of step with the times.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 18, 2023, 09:19:36 PMI agree with this take; I just find him particularly painful myself.
Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 18, 2023, 09:16:39 PMMost mass sports content is geared towards the lowest common denominator. Smart content has been pushed out to the smaller podcasts realm. It started with First Take and has gotten worse. NFL Network can't find an hour a week to give to Brian Baldinger, but can give endless time to talking head nonsense.

I used to really like the NFL Network's twin shows NFC Playbook and AFC Playbook where a variety of guys like Baldy, Sterling Sharpe, Eric Mangini, Brian Billick, et al would break down film from each team on upcoming matchups.  Regardless of what I may have thought about these guys as former players or coaches, they were all good at breaking down film and helping the nonexpert fan, ie, me, see what was going on. 
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 19, 2023, 04:22:56 AMSimilar to how I feel about Joe Rogan.  But neither is surprising to me because I am clearly out of step with the times.

I'm even more out of step (with McAfee at least) because I didn't even know he was partnered up with Joe Rogan. Maybe I did but I forgot. I don't watch him so I wouldn't know. It's more that I "bump into him" sometimes like the ESPYs, the Manningcast, etc. I don't hate the guy or anything and if others find him entertaining, great. I just personally don't get the appeal is all. He just seems like a blowhard to me and not nearly funny or clever enough to make up for that trait.

Trench

Apparently Barkley May play Thursday

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Trench on September 19, 2023, 01:52:24 PMApparently Barkley May play Thursday

He's a serious gamer if he does.