News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Barkley

Started by Leek21, September 17, 2023, 07:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 19, 2023, 06:38:33 AMI'm even more out of step (with McAfee at least) because I didn't even know he was partnered up with Joe Rogan. Maybe I did but I forgot. I don't watch him so I wouldn't know. It's more that I "bump into him" sometimes like the ESPYs, the Manningcast, etc. I don't hate the guy or anything and if others find him entertaining, great. I just personally don't get the appeal is all. He just seems like a blowhard to me and not nearly funny or clever enough to make up for that trait.

Wait who said Pat McAfee partnered with Joe Rogan? The only connection is Rogan being Aaron Rodgers source of medical misinformation and McAfee having Rodgers on his show once a week.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on September 19, 2023, 09:43:19 PMWait who said Pat McAfee partnered with Joe Rogan? The only connection is Rogan being Aaron Rodgers source of medical misinformation and McAfee having Rodgers on his show once a week.

Ok, my bad, when you said "his medical guru" I thought you mean Rogan was McAffee's medical guru. My mistake.

Jaime

To me, writing off Barkley's substantial Injury History as "Unlucky" is a real stretch.
Suggest we take the analysis put forth by Paint as a case in fact here. Paint states that Barkley has missed nearly 1/3 of his Games as a NY Giants Player.
Some here call that unlucky, not I. Like the saying Mighty always hangs his hat on, "The most important ability, is availability".

Thinkin', unlucky is when we challenge an Incomplete call on a 30 yard Pass Play, and we lose the Challenge on a 50/50 call. Or, a Ticky-tack blocking in the back Foul is called on an OL on a Screen Play, that brakes lose for a 14 yard gain on 3rd and eight. Or late in the Game, a 54 yard FG attempt that would put us ahead, bounces straight off the Crossbar only to fall short. The above stuff seems unlucky to me.

Somebody mentioned he was in favor of Trading Barkley in the Off-season. That makes total sense to me. Barkley was coming off a productive season in which he upped his value, by remaining healthy for a total season, plus two Playoff Games. I suspected Barkley remaining healthy for two consecutive seasons to be unlikely, as I don't think he's achieved that mark during his NFL career. Well, that ship has sailed.

Trench

So now they are saying he has a high ankle sprain??

Which is it?

afan56

I know I'm very late to this discussion, but I did see how his ankle was trapped in a very large violent pileup. How can that be his fault or weakness?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Trench on September 21, 2023, 07:19:52 PMSo now they are saying he has a high ankle sprain??

Which is it?

Where are you seeing that?

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 21, 2023, 07:36:57 PMJust like the Football Doc told us

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1704998528752169282?s=20

I'm really confused now.

(1) How do you get that diagnosis wrong? We are now four days removed from the incident.

(2) If it really is a legitimate high ankle sprain, how in the hell is it even remotely possible for him to play in the Seattle game?

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 21, 2023, 07:45:12 PMI'm really confused now.

(1) How do you get that diagnosis wrong? We are now four days removed from the incident.

(2) If it really is a legitimate high ankle sprain, how in the hell is it even remotely possible for him to play in the Seattle game?

There are levels of severity

https://x.com/sicscore/status/1703892850998759719?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 21, 2023, 07:55:25 PMThere are levels of severity

https://x.com/sicscore/status/1703892850998759719?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ

I saw this after the game. I'm just curious how the Giants' own doctors who actually examined Saquon misdiagnosed this. Everything I read on Mon/Tues said it was great news that a high ankle sprain had been avoided.

Dgoodmantrublu

Giants didn't misdiagnose anything. They just didn't give the full story to the press.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 21, 2023, 08:10:10 PMI saw this after the game. I'm just curious how the Giants' own doctors who actually examined Saquon misdiagnosed this. Everything I read on Mon/Tues said it was great news that a high ankle sprain had been avoided.

I don't think the doctors misdiagnosed.  I think a false story was leaked
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE