News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Hyatt- "throw it"

Started by MightyGiants, September 18, 2023, 07:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B1GBLUE

this dude can be an absolute game changer for us. he is doing exactly what we brought him in for.

DaveBrown74

This kid has confidence and also big aspirations, but he doesn't strike me as arrogant at all. I really like his demeanor actually.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 18, 2023, 07:32:06 AMThis kid has confidence and also big aspirations, but he doesn't strike me as arrogant at all. I really like his demeanor actually.

He strikes me as a number one WR.   The Giants will be needing that.  I heard David Turner say he noted Waller was on a pitch count (resting on 2nd downs), so this team needed a true number one WR and that guy is Hyatt both in ability and in demeanor
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

You expect him to get more snaps as the season moves along as he gets more reps in practice and the coaches and Jones get more comfortable with him.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

True Blue

I'm not ready to label him a #1 WR yet, he isn't there just yet.

But if he sees the field more, and we get more of that speed and those big plays as a result of it like he is flashing, the potential is there for it to happen for sure.

Ed Vette

He's there. Daboll and Kafka aren't there yet.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

I was listening to Dan and Nick breakdown the offense from the Cards game.  Nick mentioned how when Hyatt was in (especially after the bomb) safeties played differently.   They stopped crashing the LOS and played deeper and gave attention to Hyatt.

I don't care if the coaches think he isn't 100% "ready" the guy impacts the games both from a production standpoint and how he forces teams to defend differently
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 20, 2023, 09:34:48 AMI was listening to Dan and Nick breakdown the offense from the Cards game.  Nick mentioned how when Hyatt was in (especially after the bomb) safeties played differently.   They stopped crashing the LOS and played deeper and gave attention to Hyatt.

I don't care if the coaches think he isn't 100% "ready" the guy impacts the games both from a production standpoint and how he forces teams to defend differently
That is when you send him on Slants etc...
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Thegratefulhead

Hyatt needs to be on the field. He is only a smidge faster than than Slayton but that smidge is 2 feet of separation deep. No one has anyone fast enough, he will account for 2 defensive players every time he is on the field. Hyatt changed the tenor of that game. I think he is more important than Waller.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

H-Town G-Fan

He's basically only run vertical routes, so I'm not ready to anoint him a No. 1 receiver. But that should do nothing to diminish the effect he has had when he is on the field--the defense simply has to account for him or they risk a big gain. And he has effortless looking speed. His second catch, high-pointing the ball with a defender right on him, also portends very good things. Very encouraging stuff overall.

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 20, 2023, 09:35:58 AMThat is when you send him on Slants etc...
Exactly. He's got hands, body control, and speed. Hit him in stride and watch him become a blur.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Dgoodmantrublu

Just because he said that doesn't make it true. Waller played a lot of snaps to be on a pitch count.

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 18, 2023, 08:15:46 AMHe strikes me as a number one WR.   The Giants will be needing that.  I heard David Turner say he noted Waller was on a pitch count (resting on 2nd downs), so this team needed a true number one WR and that guy is Hyatt both in ability and in demeanor