News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants projected injury report

Started by MightyGiants, September 18, 2023, 06:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

This WanDale has been a disappointment as well. Season is young but Schoen guys better start making an impact

MightyGiants

Quote from: Trench on September 18, 2023, 06:33:51 PMThis WanDale has been a disappointment as well. Season is young but Schoen guys better start making an impact

He would have been far less of a disappointment if they had left in on PUP to start the season
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dgoodmantrublu

He'll play in week 4, so that will be before the PUP games he would have missed. Also, maybe the decision would have been different if Beasley was healthy. But he's not.

DaveBrown74

Wan'Dale needs to do something noteworthy this year.

Failing which, he'll be off my radar for the most part. Can't wait around multiple years for guys who never seem to be able to stay or get on the field. That never works. See Sam Beal and Elerson Smith.

DaveBrown74

Further to all of the above about Wan'Dale, it was incredibly frustrating to watch George Pickens go off for a 71 yard TD very shortly after I wrote the above. This guy should be a Giant.

Dgoodmantrublu

Wan'Dale had a 100 receiving game the day he got hurt. I think the talent is there. Though I would have drafted Pickens instead.

Jaime

My worry is a guy that's left off the Injury Report, that would be Dimes. He took alot of hits in the first two games.
At this current pace, rea

Dgoodmantrublu

?

I don't think he took a lot of hits in this past game at all. Only pressured 7 times.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 18, 2023, 10:08:04 PMWan'Dale had a 100 receiving game the day he got hurt. I think the talent is there. Though I would have drafted Pickens instead.

Great, I hope so. I will say that I liked some of what I saw from him last year in flashes as well (albeit he is no Pickens). My point was more around availability though. I think he needs to make an impact this year, and not just in flashes in 2-3 games. Anecdotally I just think if you're one of these guys who can't get on the field in your first couple of seasons in the NFL, it's pretty tough to have a good career after that. Those are critical, formative years. Missing most of your rookie season is one thing, but missing most of your first two years is pretty tough. I'm not saying 100% insurmountable, but the odds start to get stacked against you for sure. I gave the recent examples of that type of profile on our team, and it's not a great picture.

I'm sure he's trying his hardest to get well. In no way is this any sort of attack on him whatsoever. From all I can tell he's a great kid with a great attitude. I just hope he's able to and I hope he's able to stay on the field once he gets on. He needs it badly at this point.

Stringer Bell

Wan'Dale is the offensive equivalent to Ojulari. Shows flashes, at times, when on the field. But almost never on the field.

Guys who can't be counted on are the death of teams with razor thin margins for success.

Will be glad to move on from both of them and bring in guys who consistently stay healthy and produce.

B1GBLUE

Lot of hate for wandale here. dude tore his acl. not his fault they didnt PUP him. guys like azeez are much more frustrating with the constant nagging injuries. and had we grabbed pickens, he could have easily torn his acl as well. really not fair to say a guy is injury prone over one significant injury

GordonGekko80

Not sure where all this negativity surrounding Wan'Dale comes from, but in all honestly, he deserves to have the benefit of the doubt after last season.

Re Barkley, I think he / we will be lucky if he plays in Week 6.

DaveBrown74

Speaking for myself, it is far from hate. I acknowledged he showed some signs last year. And I also made it clear it was in no way an attack. I stand by my point, which was simply that missing the vast majority of your first two years in this league does not put you on an idea path, based on anecdotal history. I am pretty sure if you dug up actual data it would corroborate that. I am obviously rooting for him and hope he gets on the field as soon as he can and excels.

None of that is "hate." If that characterization was intended for me, it is not fair.

Trench

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on September 19, 2023, 07:51:51 AMNot sure where all this negativity surrounding Wan'Dale comes from, but in all honestly, he deserves to have the benefit of the doubt after last season.

Re Barkley, I think he / we will be lucky if he plays in Week 6.

My frustration with WanDale is not with him. It is from the staff who are wasting a roster spot the first few games. If he ain't ready then he ain't ready