News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants projected injury report

Started by MightyGiants, September 18, 2023, 06:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 18, 2023, 09:53:05 PMFurther to all of the above about Wan'Dale, it was incredibly frustrating to watch George Pickens go off for a 71 yard TD very shortly after I wrote the above. This guy should be a Giant.

Google George Pickens of field issues. He was never going to be a Giant. If he was a good dude he would have gone in the top 15 not the middle of the second round.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on September 19, 2023, 12:21:38 PMGoogle George Pickens of field issues. He was never going to be a Giant. If he was a good dude he would have gone in the top 15 not the middle of the second round.

I'm aware of that but as you aptly point out that is why he was still available in the mid 2nd round. I would say that was a pretty significant discount and would have been well worth the risk. And if we as a franchise simply flatly refuse to ever draft anyone with so much as a blemish on their record, how do you explain us taking Kadarius Toney just the year before?

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 19, 2023, 12:26:28 PMI'm aware of that but as you aptly point out that is why he was still available in the mid 2nd round. I would say that was a pretty significant discount and would have been well worth the risk. And if we as a franchise simply flatly refuse to ever draft anyone with so much as a blemish on their record, how do you explain us taking Kadarius Toney just the year before?

And I'd suggest that the Giants getting badly burned by Toney a couple years before made the chances of them drafting Pickens even more slim.

AZGiantFan

The thing about him is, when he is ready where are his snaps going to come from?  I think it is clear (at least I hope so) that Hyatt's snaps are going to have to go up, and I think they are largely going to come from Cambell.  And if so, that doesn't leave much for Robinson.  Even though Robinson is probably very good. 

It's a nice problem to have.  I can't remember when the Giants have had this quality of WR depth, with as many legitimate playmakers.  Their WR room has gone from Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard to an embarrassment of riches in one season.

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Rambo89

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 19, 2023, 12:42:44 PMThe thing about him is, when he is ready where are his snaps going to come from?  I think it is clear (at least I hope so) that Hyatt's snaps are going to have to go up, and I think they are largely going to come from Cambell.  And if so, that doesn't leave much for Robinson.  Even though Robinson is probably very good. 

It's a nice problem to have.  I can't remember when the Giants have had this quality of WR depth, with as many legitimate playmakers.  Their WR room has gone from Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard to an embarrassment of riches in one season.

Nicks, Cruz, Manningham, Hixon (though he was hurt early in 2011)?

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 19, 2023, 12:53:08 PMNicks, Cruz, Manningham, Hixon (though he was hurt early in 2011)?

I said depth, not top 3.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Rambo89

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 19, 2023, 12:55:47 PMI said depth, not top 3.

If the Giants didn't have depth going into 2011 than the Hixon injury in week 2 would have been a lot more devastating
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Not only are the 49ers the better team, they are the healthier team (Aiyuk upgraded to limited on Wed)

Tuesday injury report
Giants
Did not practice

RB Saquon Barkley (ankle)
OL Ben Bredeson (concussion)

Limited participation

ILB Micah McFadden (neck)
OLB Azeez Ojulari (Hamstring)
WR Wan'Dale Robinson (Knee)
T Andrew Thomas (Hamstring)

(The Giants conducted a walkthrough; participation is a projection.)

49ers
Did not practice

WR Brandon Aiyuk (shoulder)

Limited participation

CB Ambry Thomas (knee)

(The 49ers conducted a walkthrough; participation is a projection.)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE