News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- So, I re-watched the first half again -

Started by sxdxca38, September 19, 2023, 08:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kartanoman

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 19, 2023, 09:11:37 PMIt's an intangible aspect of the game that's lost on fans watching the game on television, but you can feel it live as you're a part of the energy. You can feel the ebbs and flows, the highs and lows. So much of this game is built off of energy and momentum. The crowd and the players feed off each other.

A short story of how you feel a game slipping away. Rich @MightyGiants was at the game with my brother and I. The Giants had a huge lead against Philly and one bad play snowballed and you could just feel the game slipping away. It also happened in a playoff game against the Niners.

Some teams have the right makeup of players who have the mental toughness to will their way to win. Some leave it all on the field and can't bring it back for just one more game.

Ed, I think there was an Eli Manning tweet after the game, when someone asked him about the result, he just replied, "Never in doubt!" That Hyatt pass to start the second half completely turned the game on its head and the Cardinals' defense never recovered. Once it got to 14-28, the energy completely changed and it was obvious they were going to come back. At 21-28, that bench was rocking like I've never seen before and it was inevitable at that point.

As horrific as that Philly game was, this Cardinals' game was the Giants' version and, given the history of Giant miracles in that stadium, the aura was in play for all of that to fall in place. The best part is that the Giant fans came out in droves to make that place sound like the old Giants Stadium; i.e., a parochial home crowd advantage the Sardine Can seems to lack in modern days.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

AZGiantFan

Quote from: kartanoman on September 19, 2023, 09:34:38 PMAs horrific as that Philly game was, this Cardinals' game was the Giants' version and, given the history of Giant miracles in that stadium, the aura was in play for all of that to fall in place. The best part is that the Giant fans came out in droves to make that place sound like the old Giants Stadium; i.e., a parochial home crowd advantage the Sardine Can seems to lack in modern days.

Peace!

I was listening to a couple of our local radio guys and they were worried about it being even worse this weekend when the Cowboys come to town with their traveling fans.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

kartanoman

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 19, 2023, 09:34:10 PMIt also gives you the all-22.  I have NFL+, but what I don't have is the football chops to really benefit from it to it's full extent. :-??

I have the premium version of NFL+ but I still recorded the game to see if my daughter could spot our family behind the Giants' bench. She claims she did at the opening piece with the announcers in the broadcast booth. We haven't seen it all yet so we'll dissect it and see if we can get a few more cameo appearances.

I watch the replays but I also love the old NFL Films broadcasts. I really wish they would just open up their entire archive as well as the NFL Music Library which that site has 30 second "teasers" of Sam Spence tunes which have never been released before except on NFL Films programs.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Dgoodmantrublu

I recommend watching the Big Blue Banter pods on YouTube so you can see them go through the plays. You really get a lot more than most other places.

TDToomer

I go month to month on NFL+ Premium when I can't catch the game and can watch is as soon as it is over. But it looked like you have to pay extra for Premium for this feature. Do you still get out of market replays of games on the $6 per month NFL+?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

T200

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 19, 2023, 09:28:32 PMThat's why I like to say, What Happens in the Game Thread, Stays in the Game Thread.  It's not fair to hold anybody to what they said in the heat of the game.  Although it does make some amusing reading after the fact when you already know what the outcome is.  Particularly when the outcome is positive.
Not trying to derail this thread but you bring up a good point about the Game Day threads. When I'm in there, I let a lot of things go because the emotions are high. The only thing I caution folks about is attacking other members. Otherwise, enjoy the game and get it all out.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

sxdxca38

Quote from: kingm56 on September 19, 2023, 09:29:23 PMIt you have the disposable income, I recommend NFL+; I think it was only $60 this year.  It allows you to rewatch any game after it airs; it cuts every thing but the actual plays, which allows you to watch it in well under 90 mins. It also offers different camera angles.  It's worth the money, if you're truly interested in dissecting the game.

Hi,

I have NFL premium plus, and have had it for several years. It's really an awesome setup, I can watch any game I want in a condensed form in about 30 minutes. It allows me to see all these QB's and teams, it's really one of the best decisions I ever made. Glad you have it too!

AZGiantFan

Quote from: kartanoman on September 19, 2023, 09:41:38 PMI have the premium version of NFL+ but I still recorded the game to see if my daughter could spot our family behind the Giants' bench. She claims she did at the opening piece with the announcers in the broadcast booth. We haven't seen it all yet so we'll dissect it and see if we can get a few more cameo appearances.

I watch the replays but I also love the old NFL Films broadcasts. I really wish they would just open up their entire archive as well as the NFL Music Library which that site has 30 second "teasers" of Sam Spence tunes which have never been released before except on NFL Films programs.

Peace!

Yeah, I actually also have the Premium version.  Although if I'm honest I'm not remembering what extras the premium brings.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

kartanoman

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 19, 2023, 10:45:13 PMYeah, I actually also have the Premium version.  Although if I'm honest I'm not remembering what extras the premium brings.

Per their website:

"With NFL+ Premium, get access to live local and primetime games on mobile, NFL RedZone, NFL Network, game replays and more."

This comes in handy for me when I take my fall kitchen pass up north and I can still watch the team live.

Peace!

Thegratefulhead

I turned to everyone in my house, when SB hit the pylon and told them I would bet the house the Giants win this game.  You felt it.

Short week helps us here I think.

I think we actually come out with a chip on Thursday.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Ed Vette

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 19, 2023, 08:14:17 PMAnd without focusing on DJ or the offensive line for a minute, maybe we can focus on the skill position players.

This is what I saw.

A) Waller dropped a pass right over the middle.
B) Campbell dropped a pass right over the middle.
C) Barkley dropped a pass which hit him right in the hands and lead to an interception.
D) Campbell dropped another outlet pass which went right through his hands.
E) Slayton slipped coming out of his break, and the ball sailed out of his reach.

I believe DJ was 10/16 in the first half, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Question to the board, if Waller, Campbell, and Barkley made completed catches, instead of drops, would the offense have been better in the 1st half?

No right or wrong answer, just curious your thoughts?

I did a quick review of the all 22. A lot of the plays were intended design so I don't fault DJ necessarily for not picking up the open deep man. Btw, I think Hyatt may be deemed a liability in run blocking downfield because he was out of almost all those plays and I didn't see him on the field at all in the first half although I may have missed him. When Hyatt was on the field, if he wasn't a decoy and had given up on the route, he was open.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 20, 2023, 01:33:15 PMI did a quick review of the all 22. A lot of the plays were intended design so I don't fault DJ necessarily for not picking up the open deep man. Btw, I think Hyatt may be deemed a liability in run blocking downfield because he was out of almost all those plays and I didn't see him on the field at all in the first half although I may have missed him. When Hyatt was on the field, if he wasn't a decoy and had given up on the route, he was open.

Where did you get the all 22?  I remember last season, that became hard to find.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

RelaxTension

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 19, 2023, 08:49:48 PMIt's good to record and rewatch a game when all the emotion is taken out of it. There's a lot to be picked up on.

Not for everyone. Some only like to rewatch wins. Some only losses. It's for the serious fan.
I usually rewatch the games but I didn't do it with the 1st game.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 20, 2023, 01:51:59 PMWhere did you get the all 22?  I remember last season, that became hard to find.
It's available in NFL+ for $15 a month.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin