News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Kayvon Thibodeaux speaks on the mixed reactions received from fans:

Started by DragonSoul, September 19, 2023, 09:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

umassgrad

The times he has rushed the passer he gets washed out past the QB with few moves and very little bend. It's too early to tell but he seems like an average NFL player at this time, not the #5 pick of the first round.

Ed Vette

Quote from: umassgrad on September 20, 2023, 10:32:53 AMThe times he has rushed the passer he gets washed out past the QB with few moves and very little bend. It's too early to tell but he seems like an average NFL player at this time, not the #5 pick of the first round.
He's going to feast on the weak and get washed out by the better LT's. He has one move and no sand in his pants. His mouth is just going to piss off fans and he will get more Twitter harassment. That will get in his ego-inflated head and throw his game off. He's not wrong about how he played the Run and covered his responsibilities but his vitriol to the fan base is moronic. He would actually be best used as Dallas uses Micah Parsons. Unfortunately, until Boogie, Ward or Ximinez step up, he ain't going anywhere.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DragonSoul

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 20, 2023, 08:40:55 AMClearly Neal had a much better (but not entirely dissimilar) answer to the question about all the criticism

Q: What's your mindset, obviously the Dallas game was a lot of criticism and all that stuff. How do you respond, how do you feel going into this game after having that Arizona game under your belt?

A: Just flush it, man. Next page. Criticism is what comes along with playing this sport, you know what I'm saying? I'm not doing it for the critics, I am doing it for myself, my teammates, my family, the ones that believe in me. I am going to go out there and put together the best performance that's possible for my teammates.
Evans had a good response imho.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DragonSoul on September 20, 2023, 11:05:22 AMEvans had a good response imho.

Evans, gave the media-savvy player-speak.  I think KT is trying to speak from the heart rather than give the usual canned answers.   The problem is speaking from the heart is more risky.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Trench

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 20, 2023, 10:49:43 AMHe's going to feast on the weak and get washed out by the better LT's. He has one move and no sand in his pants. His mouth is just going to piss off fans and he will get more Twitter harassment. That will get in his ego-inflated head and throw his game off. He's not wrong about how he played the Run and covered his responsibilities but his vitriol to the fan base is moronic. He would actually be best used as Dallas uses Micah Parsons. Unfortunately, until Boogie, Ward or Ximinez step up, he ain't going anywhere.

To your point Ed,
Was the Cardinals LT he was up against last week an All-Pro type player or was he a low tier guy? (I'm asking as I don't even know the guys name as I type this)

Philosophers

Thibs needs to realize the following:

Fans who boo care.  These fans aitbin rainstorms to watch a losing team.

Fans who are quiet dont care.  As soon as their team starts to lose, they dont show up.

Whom would you rather have Thibs?

Hint:  NY fans are the first and not the second.  If you wanted second, you should have held out for a West Coast team to draft you.

JT39

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 20, 2023, 11:42:37 AMEvans is less sensitive and more mature than Thibodeaux

Or Thibs is more passionate and tells people straight as it is.

Two sides to every coin.

Stringer Bell

All I hear from KT is whining and excuses.

How does someone even play 60+ snaps in a game without even assisting on a tackle?

At this rate, I don't see him sticking around beyond his rookie deal. Far too thin-skinned to make it in NY.

Maybe he should keep his mouth shut and focus more on making plays.

madbadger

I think for too many Giants fans he is going to be linked to the decision to pass on Parsons. Schoen drafting him in many people's minds was an attempt to rectify that mistake. The only problem he isn't Parsons and he's being used differently. The million dollar question as far as I'm concerned is it due to the system and how's he's being used or is it a skill issue. Until I know either for sure I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. If Parson's wasn't wrecking the league on a weekly basis Thibs play this far wouldn't be as big an issue as it is.

Rambo89

Quote from: JT39 on September 20, 2023, 12:44:31 PMOr Thibs is more passionate and tells people straight as it is.

Two sides to every coin.

You can be passionate and still mature enough to understand reality.  Thibodeaux hasn't found that balance yet.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

umassgrad

Leaving Parsons out of the discussion, can anyone here say KT has played like a top 5 pick? Top 10? First round pick? He's playing like a later pick that you hope might develop with more coaching.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 20, 2023, 01:02:20 PMYou can be passionate and still mature enough to understand reality.  Thibodeaux hasn't found that balance yet.

I posted the full transcript of the two questions related to the topic at hand.  I guess the controversy is he says:

you start to realize that the only people that matter are the people in the room and the only people who are really here for us, is us.

Now, I am not sure I can say he doesn't have a full grasp of reality.  The fact of the matter is the only opinions that impact KT are those of his coaches and perhaps his teammates.  The only people that truly have his back would be his teammates.

Further, I think the reality is that players play for the love of the game and money.  I am sure many appreciate the fans, especially when they are cheering for them, but I am not sure any player could honestly answer they do what they do for the fans.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

umassgrad

True Rich, but the players often acknowledge how much they need the fans as they give them the extra edge when playing at home. Just imagine an NFL game with no fans and a bunch of players playing for the money, and their love of the game. That would suck for everyone.

MightyGiants

Quote from: umassgrad on September 20, 2023, 01:16:02 PMTrue Rich, but the players often acknowledge how much they need the fans as they give them the extra edge when playing at home. Just imagine an NFL game with no fans and a bunch of players playing for the money, and their love of the game. That would suck for everyone.

I am not disagreeing, but I would add that during that first Covid season teams were playing in empty stadiums
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE