News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Andrew Thomas's availability for Thursday

Started by MightyGiants, September 20, 2023, 09:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

Quote from: nb587 on September 20, 2023, 01:23:35 PMAll this talk about treating this game as a preseason game doesn't work unless you are including Daniel Jones in the equation. It might not be a good idea to have Jones in there without Thomas against a DL like SF but take out Barkley, Bredeson and whoever else will be "rested" and Jones could get hurt unless he does nothing but hand the ball off. And, I don't believe a healthy Jones can be rested on a national tv game without generating major pushback from the league.

What they should do is call a quick passing game where Jones isn't dropping back as frequently to where he is vulnerable to taking a beating.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Stringer Bell

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 20, 2023, 01:27:45 PMI have no interest in the Giants resting guys who are legitimately good to go because they're effectively conceding a loss. You play every meaningful game to win. I hope they don't have a different attitude. Sends a message throughout the locker room that "we expect to lose" this game. A team with a true "winning culture" does not do that.

Not to mention, didn't we sit through an entire week of "why did we sit our starters during the preseason" posts? Wasn't the link between the starters playing minimal preseason reps and our historic rust over 6 quarters one of the few things this board has unanimously agreed on maybe ever?

If they're healthy, they should be playing the entire game. Players need to experience adversity and play against the best if they ever expect to grow and improve.

MagicRat

Thomas, Barkley .....simple.
If they're good to go, they go.
If they're not good to go, they rest.
Hammys and ankle sprains  you don't mess with.

Brederson ....I seriously doubt he clears protocol.

Next men up.
Smell my cheese you mother!

BluesCruz

Hate to say this but the line looked better without Thomas....dont know why
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

True Blue

Quote from: BluesCruz on September 20, 2023, 05:08:18 PMHate to say this but the line looked better without Thomas....dont know why

I am confident playing the worst team in the entire league had nothing to do with it.

bldevil

Quote from: LennG on September 20, 2023, 12:27:28 PMWe have, what, an 11 day break after Thursday's game. Rest who needs to be rested and let's worry about Seattle. There is simply no way we win in SF anyway.
I'd play him if he's ready but also be ready to pull him if he experiences any issues.

Talking about rest, and the NFL maximizing revenue, the Thurs night games go against the integrity of the game, in my opinion.  The Giants get 3 days more rest than the Seahawks.  Plus the Seahawks have to travel.

The NFL scheduling people are idiots.  If a team has 11 days rest...then send them on an away game right afterwards.   Of course, the Giants already had 2 straight ridiculous away games to begin with.

I hate Thurs. night games.  Play on Sundays.  What's next "ABC's Tuesday Morning Football in China"?
"17-14 fellas.  One touchdown and we are world champions.  Believe it and it will happen!  17-14 is the final.  Let's go!"  Michael Strahan, with 2:39 remaining in SB42.

Jaime

Just saw Thomas & Barkley ruled out for the Niners tilt. :hurt:
No surprise there. A hammy and a sprained ankle, give them 10 days rest. Get ready for Seattle.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: bldevil on September 20, 2023, 06:36:53 PMI'd play him if he's ready but also be ready to pull him if he experiences any issues.

Talking about rest, and the NFL maximizing revenue, the Thurs night games go against the integrity of the game, in my opinion.  The Giants get 3 days more rest than the Seahawks.  Plus the Seahawks have to travel.

The NFL scheduling people are idiots.  If a team has 11 days rest...then send them on an away game right afterwards.  Of course, the Giants already had 2 straight ridiculous away games to begin with.

I hate Thurs. night games.  Play on Sundays.  What's next "ABC's Tuesday Morning Football in China"?

I don't like TNF either. I'm glad we're getting ours out of the way early in the season.

MagicRat

Quote from: bldevil on September 20, 2023, 06:36:53 PMI hate Thurs. night games.  Play on Sundays.  What's next "ABC's Tuesday Morning Football in China"?
You say that in jest but......
Smell my cheese you mother!