News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The other KT controversy

Started by MightyGiants, September 20, 2023, 11:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Pat Leonard
@PLeonardNYDN
A viral video on social media pictured Kayvon Thibodeaux sitting alone by himself on the bench during Sunday's second-half comeback, with 8:51 remaining after Saquon Barkley drew the Giants within seven points of the Cardinals.

The implication was that Thibodeaux wasn't locked in, wasn't celebrating with his teammates, and was isolated from the rest of the defense that was prepared to take the field.

So Thibodeaux was given a chance to respond to those accusations and perceptions on Tuesday, and he said that video didn't reveal his indifference; it highlighted his focus and preparation to make the next play.

"When you play this game," Thibodeaux said at the team hotel, "you start to realize โ€” and I'm only answering it like this because I know there's videos and there's always narratives put out. But when you're in a situation where the fate of the game lands on one drive or one situation, and you're those people โ€” the defense are the guys that are looked to to answer that โ€” the only person I look to is God.

"So I'm sitting in that moment and praying and I guess you could say meditating, seeing and visualizing what we're gonna do as a team," he explained. "So for me, there's too many people that wake up and want to put negativity out there. For us to come back and win a game, it's nothing but positive."

More
@NYDNSports
 https://nydailynews.com/2023/09/19/kayvon-thibodeaux-giants-cardinals/
11:51 AM ยท Sep 20, 2023
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE