News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

This is not a good stat for Thursday's game

Started by MightyGiants, September 20, 2023, 12:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

RelaxTension

There are so many things/stats that aren't good going into this game.
Time to see what these coaches can come up with to give them a chance to win.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

DaveBrown74

As I said in another thread, I don't see us winning unless San Fran plays well below their best. For me it's more about that than anything else. With both teams playing at their absolute best they're simply much better than we are.

Rambo89

There was the argument made that the Giants weren't blitzing enough.  This tells me they are but are just not getting to the QB.  That's not something you can scheme and more a matter of players not generating any kind of penetration.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

sxdxca38

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 20, 2023, 12:41:05 PMThere was the argument made that the Giants weren't blitzing enough.  This tells me they are but are just not getting to the QB.  That's not something you can scheme and more a matter of players not generating any kind of penetration.

To go along with Rambo's fine comment, the only D line player who has a solid pff score is Dexter Lawrence at 89.8 which is elite.

Leonard Williams is average at 66, and Kayvon Thibodeaux is even worse at 55, a d Azzez is injured.

umassgrad

Xman scored higher last week than Azzez has ever scored on PFF so no loss with that guy being out. We have to hope the bounces fall our way and we win the turnover battle. We don't force many turnovers either, our D is bend a lot and then break frequently. Maybe we've worked out the lack of preseason experience and Q2 vs. the Cards is the way we play against the 49ers?