News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants try out Pugh

Started by MightyGiants, September 20, 2023, 05:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

Kinda feels like they could do worse.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Stringer Bell

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 20, 2023, 05:30:13 PMhttps://x.com/pleonardnydn/status/1691520766871822336?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ

I'd be willing to bet his "several suitors" is his attempt to force a panic move by the Giants.

I really hope they don't devote reps to an injured 33 year old.

Ed Vette

Why am I wondering if this is a move to bring in a Veteran to help work with Neal, Ezeudu and McKethan. I think it's a great move and send Peart to the minors.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jaime

If Pugh has a 100%  game ability, why isn't he on a Roster?

uconnjack8

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 20, 2023, 05:30:13 PMhttps://x.com/pleonardnydn/status/1691520766871822336?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ

Standout?

He does offer a bit of versatility and given there is already 2 injuries on the line, that may come in handy

Fast Eddie Felson

Quote from: Stringer Bell on September 20, 2023, 06:44:52 PMI'd be willing to bet his "several suitors" is his attempt to force a panic move by the Giants.

I really hope they don't devote reps to an injured 33 year old.
I`m willing to bet Pugh with a walker is better than Glowinski.

Jaime

Hey Fast Eddie, with stuff like the aforementioned, u could write some Standup material =))

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jaime on September 20, 2023, 06:56:42 PMIf Pugh has a 100%  game ability, why isn't he on a Roster?

He is recovering from an ACL
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I'm fine with this if the price is fair (ie low) and there is no commitment beyond 2023. I don't see any great downside to adding another guard to this mix, especially if one of our guards is going to be playing tackle anytime a tackle is hurt.

Obviously if his health is not up to scratch to where he can play and potentially be additive, then it's a hard no, but I'm sure our docs are doing their due diligence, plus the fact that he is being let go by the Cards means nothing to me as the Cards are dumping players and rebuilding.

RelaxTension

They should've signed a vet tackle and guard during the offseason.
If Pugh is healthy and the price isn't to high this is a good move
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

nb587

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 21, 2023, 06:44:57 AMI'm fine with this if the price is fair (ie low) and there is no commitment beyond 2023. I don't see any great downside to adding another guard to this mix, especially if one of our guards is going to be playing tackle anytime a tackle is hurt.

Obviously if his health is not up to scratch to where he can play and potentially be additive, then it's a hard no, but I'm sure our docs are doing their due diligence, plus the fact that he is being let go by the Cards means nothing to me as the Cards are dumping players and rebuilding.
If Pugh's price was low, and he has anything left in the tank, my guess he would have already signed a contract with somebody.  Lots of teams need OL help.  I'm thinking his price is not that low.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: nb587 on September 21, 2023, 08:50:01 AMIf Pugh's price was low, and he has anything left in the tank, my guess he would have already signed a contract with somebody.  Lots of teams need OL help.  I'm thinking his price is not that low.

I guess it depends on what we define as low.

Whatever the number is, if it (1) doesn't require ill-advised maneuvering such as extending Leo and (2) doesnt bind us in any way past 2023, I am supportive myself. And my being supportive depends of course on the ability of our in-house medical staff to determine he is viable to play at close to the top of his capacity.

BluesCruz

Pugh said he just finished his PT

I'd love to see him back for a reasonable number.   I wonder how he fared in that tryout
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"