News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

So, Do we Win or just Cover?

Started by Jaime, September 20, 2023, 07:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nb587

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 21, 2023, 08:50:38 AMI don't see how the O-line stops the great San Fran D-line with:

Ezeudu - Glowinski - JMS - McKethan - Neal

Especially with the San Fran D having no worry about stopping the run
It's not only the SF D that's a problem.  Isn't the SF rushing attack one of the best in the league me we have shown an inability, this year and last, to stop the run?  When both your lines can't do the job, it's very tough to win.  Covering is a side issue

MightyGiants

Quote from: nb587 on September 21, 2023, 09:32:05 AMIt's not only the SF D that's a problem.  Isn't the SF rushing attack one of the best in the league me we have shown an inability, this year and last, to stop the run?  When both your lines can't do the job, it's very tough to win.  Covering is a side issue

You are unfortunately correct
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MagicRat

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 21, 2023, 06:49:59 AMI don't think I would touch the Giants with less than two TDs if I were betting.
No, it'd need to be getting close to 14.
But remember, SF are coming off a short week as well.
I could envisage them getting two scores/seventeen/twenty to the good then burning clock, playing prevent and giving us a garbage time score to make it within reach.
Smell my cheese you mother!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MagicRat on September 21, 2023, 04:00:29 PMNo, it'd need to be getting close to 14.
But remember, SF are coming off a short week as well.
I could envisage them getting two scores/seventeen/twenty to the good then burning clock, playing prevent and giving us a garbage time score to make it within reach.

Yup, true.

We're going to need a few things to go our way in this game. Maybe for once in our lives we'll force some turnovers.