News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What Happens If Eze Plays Well At OT Tonight?

Started by Philosophers, September 21, 2023, 10:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDToomer

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 21, 2023, 01:10:32 PMAs I'm still not sure Neal can play RT after having player LT in college.  Wouldn't it be ironic if we have 3 guys who can play LT but none who can play RT.

Wasn't that the deal with Will Beatty who was tried at RT when Erick Flowers was LT?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

EDjohnst1981

They've paid Thomas LT money. They aren't flipping him to RT.

Painter

If he does then so much the better for DJ, who either way is likely to have to run even more than he did against Az. And if Ezeudu does play well at OT, then once Thomas is able to return, he'll be the starter at OLG, the position for which he was drafted so as to not have them depend on Lemieux who couldn't beat out Bredeson.

In any case, I think it most unlikely that we will or need to see EZ replace Neal even though Peart and McKethan aren't what we might think of as quality depth.

Cheers!

Jclayton92

There's no difference in right and left tackle anymore. They both matter equally hence the two top picks.

Dgoodmantrublu

There is still some difference. You can see it in the pay scale. QBs can deal a bit more with pressure they can see coming.