News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

WR Won'Dale Robinson to make his season debut

Started by MightyGiants, September 21, 2023, 11:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDToomer

Quote from: Stringer Bell on September 21, 2023, 12:59:31 PMWhy? I still think he should have started on PUP. What will he get 4-6 snaps in this game? Maybe?

I would have much rather had someone who contributed fully for 4 weeks vs someone who was absent for 2, barely there for 1, and just starting to ramp up in 1.

Because we are trying to field our best players.

The player taking that spot would have been, as you described, inactive or barely playing. Who is this mystery free agent or PS guy who would be contributing fully for 4 weeks?

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Trench

Quote from: TDToomer on September 21, 2023, 02:16:40 PMBecause we are trying to field our best players.

The player taking that spot would have been, as you described, inactive or barely playing. Who is this mystery free agent or PS guy who would be contributing fully for 4 weeks?

Sills!

I figured you guys would like that 😂

Stringer Bell

Quote from: TDToomer on September 21, 2023, 02:16:40 PMBecause we are trying to field our best players.

The player I was describing who was inactive and / or barely playing is Wan'dale. That's my whole point.

nb587

Quote from: Stringer Bell on September 21, 2023, 03:04:14 PMThe player I was describing who was inactive and / or barely playing is Wan'dale. That's my whole point.
Stringer- do you have access to information regarding Wan'dale's medical records or something similar?  If the team took him off the PUP, I'm assuming they cleared him and he's healthy enough to play.  This guy is a 2nd round pick; he should be able to make the team better

TDToomer

Quote from: Stringer Bell on September 21, 2023, 03:04:14 PMThe player I was describing who was inactive and / or barely playing is Wan'dale. That's my whole point.

No you said you were against taking him off the PUP so who is this mystery player replacing him on the roster that is not inactive and playing all the time?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

I know I'm going to regret getting involved but here goes.

They dress 47. A PUP doesn't effect that. The other 6 along with the extended Practice Squad are basically the same players. That's 20 extra players they have at their disposal to practice with, evaluate and consider for game day. A total of 67 players.

If he was on PUP he would miss the first 4 games of the season. Now he misses only two. If he was still on PUP he could still practice with the team.

Munch on that.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Dgoodmantrublu

We get a really good play back after only 2 games. They made the right choice. Especially with Beasley hurt.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: nb587 on September 21, 2023, 03:26:41 PMStringer- do you have access to information regarding Wan'dale's medical records or something similar?  If the team took him off the PUP, I'm assuming they cleared him and he's healthy enough to play.  This guy is a 2nd round pick; he should be able to make the team better

It doesn't require access to his medical information to know that he did not play in the first 2 games. And when he participates minimally in tonight's game, it will come as no surprise. Which leaves Game 4 as the first time he'll be useful.

As I said above, I would have much rather had a contributing player through 4 games than Wan'dale for 1.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: TDToomer on September 21, 2023, 04:52:31 PMNo you said you were against taking him off the PUP so who is this mystery player replacing him on the roster that is not inactive and playing all the time?

Anderson and Fox could have contributed and helped our abysmal DL play. Beavers could have helped with MM's poor play. Jones could have helped in the return game.

There were numerous options for contributing players over someone who hasn't contributed at all.