News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

What do you put the odds of the Giants winning tonight?

Started by MightyGiants, September 21, 2023, 01:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I put the odds at 25-1

What would you say the odds are?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AYM

200:1. If we play this game 200 times maybe this team wins once.

Sem

Somewhere between slim and none, unfortunately.

T200

While they're clearly not favored, they have a chance and that's good enough for me.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

DaveBrown74

On DraftKings the odds are -550/+410. So the "mid-market" value is 4.8-1, which implies the Giants have about a 20.8% chance of winning. In my humble opinion I believe the real odds are probably a bit longer than that (perhaps 12-15%), but I don't think it's this powerball lotto type situation as some fans seem to.

While I by no means think we're winning, I think sometimes we fans tend to overdramatize the gaps between these NFL teams. This isn't college where Southwest Montana State is playing LSU in Death Valley and truly has no shot. There is more parity in the NFL than we give it credit for.

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Thegratefulhead

50 50

Every week teams lose that should win.

Every week.

I could not watch if I felt we had a 1 in 25 shot.

F that.

Momentum.

Feed on their still beating hearts as we rip hope from their chests.

Bring

it.

Go Giants!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Painter

Down 0-60 after 6 Quarters to start the season, the odds against them scoring 31 points in the 2H to beat AZ last Sunday were what?

A) That's now a rhetorical question, an answer for which will not alter the odds, and wild-ass guesses, etc. nor B) should it affect any of our preconceptions re tonight's game. Week after week, game after game, hoping for the best is never wrong.

Cheers!

MagicRat

Effectively a two horse race (bearing in mind the tie is seldom in play) a bookie calls it 13/2 or thereabouts.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Leek21

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 21, 2023, 01:17:15 PMI put the odds at 25-1

What would you say the odds are?

I think the Giants have a fair chance of winning if the O-line plays well, otherwise they have little hope and I think the O-line will play well.

San Fran will have a hard time stopping the Giants passing game.
San Fran will rack up the yards, but the D manages enough drives giving up field goals vs. TDs for the Giants to pull off a close upset.

Giants chances of winning =63.7%

EDjohnst1981

It's a two horse race. I'd say 5/1 is fair.

Edit: SkyBet in the UK have them at 4/1 and the Niners 1/6

Rambo89

Quote from: Leek21 on September 21, 2023, 03:53:47 PMI think the Giants have a fair chance of winning if the O-line plays well, otherwise they have little hope and I think the O-line will play well.

San Fran will have a hard time stopping the Giants passing game.
San Fran will rack up the yards, but the D manages enough drives giving up field goals vs. TDs for the Giants to pull off a close upset.

Giants chances of winning =63.7%

Asking a banged up thinned out offensive line to play well against one of the best front's in the NFL is asking a lot.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

sooners56

40/60 buy if Giants kickoff first, then those odds go up 60/40 Giants win!!!
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 21, 2023, 04:31:12 PMAsking a banged up thinned out offensive line to play well against one of the best front's in the NFL is asking a lot.

It could be argued that the current 2 best O-linemen are out
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

katkavage

I sense a closer game than everyone thinks. Low scoring. A win? Could be.