News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Evan Neal challenges fans to "boo louder"

Started by MightyGiants, October 04, 2023, 04:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Neal has a Twitter account, and though he rarely tweets — let alone interacts with anyone on there — he sees what people tweet at him.

"People tag me on stuff all the time," he said. "So it's like, yeah, I see it. But I genuinely don't care. Why should I? I'm in the National Football League. The person that's commenting on my performance, what does he do? Flip hot dogs and hamburgers somewhere?"

It's behind a paywall but more here

https://www.nj.com/giants/2023/10/giants-evan-neal-dares-his-critics-to-boo-louder-blasts-fair-weather-fans-as-sheep.html

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

Haven't read the full article but that's not a good look.

MightyGiants

More

Evan Neal had a whole lot to say Wednesday.

Among his comments, regarding his critics:

"Why would a lion concern himself with the opinion of a sheep?"

"The person that's commenting on my performance, what does he do? Flip hot dogs and hamburgers somewhere?"
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Without fan support, he's on even thinner ice.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

It's no excuse,  but a lot of these guys have never been booed by their home town fans for a variety of reasons.  Probably a completely alien thing to him.  Bad he reacted in this way.

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 04, 2023, 05:15:46 PMIt's no excuse,  but a lot of these guys have never been booed by their home town fans for a variety of reasons.  Probably a completely alien thing to him.  Bad he reacted in this way.
He doesn't get that these people are the reason he gets paid millions to play football. I'm sure Mara's gonna love this and have something to pass downhill.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

These athletes need to get rid of their Social Media Accounts or just use them to promote whatever charity or organizations they're involved in.  All they do is end up causing them more trouble.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

madbadger

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 04, 2023, 04:58:28 PMNeal has a Twitter account, and though he rarely tweets — let alone interacts with anyone on there — he sees what people tweet at him.

"People tag me on stuff all the time," he said. "So it's like, yeah, I see it. But I genuinely don't care. Why should I? I'm in the National Football League. The person that's commenting on my performance, what does he do? Flip hot dogs and hamburgers somewhere?"

It's behind a paywall but more here

https://www.nj.com/giants/2023/10/giants-evan-neal-dares-his-critics-to-boo-louder-blasts-fair-weather-fans-as-sheep.html

What a F-ing idiot. How about you keep your mouth shut and figure out how to play tackle in the NFL without looking like a turnstile. The dude who flips burgers provides the Giants with the revenue to pay your bloated salary. Show him a modicum of respect. If he had any self awareness he'd realize the fans are correct in their judgement of his play thus far. Change it.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 04, 2023, 05:27:03 PMHe doesn't get that these people are the reason he gets paid millions to play football. I'm sure Mara's gonna love this and have something to pass downhill.

I think he is likely very frustrated.   It's the 1st time in his life he isn't one of the best in the field.  This reaction just shows some immaturity.

DaveBrown74

If you're a professional athlete, going after fans for getting on you for poor performance is one of the dumbest moves you can make. We saw it with some Mets players a couple years back who bitched about getting booed and gave the thumbs down sign to the fans, and it didn't go over well. They were forced to apologize quickly, and one of them was not brought back the next year. We saw Julius Randle on the Knicks do this too, and he took a lot of heat for it.

The difference here though is while it was hardly ok in the above examples, at least all of those players were established good players in their respective sports. Neal has done nothing but utterly suck since arriving. Fans probably could have justifiably booed him last year, but didn't. He is making very good money for a rookie and exhausted a ton of points worth of draft capital, and he has done nothing other than contribute to getting his QB killed and having our offensive drives get blown up.

And I think the content of his comments is deplorable. He's essentially putting down working class people who (1) are the backbone of the zeitgeist of sports in this area and (2) who work their asses off at a tough and often undesirable job so they can support their families and hopefully have some extra money to come see him play and help pay his bloated, undeserved salary. What an absolute a-hole. I don't care if he's never been booed before. These SEC guys are treated like royalty at these big schools and are complete spoiled brats (at best) so much of the time.

I honestly would consider cutting him over this if I were ownership/Schoen. It's not like he's helping anyone on the field with his shitty level of play, nor is he showing any sign of getting better. He will have to turn into the second coming of Anthony Munoz now to ever have a chance of winning back fans here, and it better happen in this next game if he's still a Giant by this Sunday.

coggs

LennG

The guy flipping hamburgers and hot dogs can't do a worse job than he has done, and he is making $15 bucks an hour. PLUS many people probably enjoy those burgers and dogs and don't boo them for doing it well. Sorry we can't say the same thing about the #7 draft pick.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Gmo11

Gman329

Not good. Could be the beginnng of the end in NY for this kid.