News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Evan Neal challenges fans to "boo louder"

Started by MightyGiants, October 04, 2023, 04:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Every time he gives up a sack or a penalty at home, he's going to get booed.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AYM

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 04, 2023, 10:31:58 PMI just took it as him saying he doesn't listen to internet trolls. Think out of context it got blown out of proportion.

There's no out of context when it comes to the flipping burgers comment.

I still say he needs to be benched. If not the whole game, at least a quarter. I doubt it will happen after the Giants threw this PR out there for him, though.

Trench

Bench him. He's a bum and just proved it. How dare he!

nicky1000

madbadger

Quote from: nicky1000 on October 05, 2023, 12:56:02 AMHe apologized. Mara probably flipped out.

I don't know if there is any way of coming back from it for him.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on October 05, 2023, 01:15:23 AMI don't know if there is any way of coming back from it for him.

Fans will eventually get over it if he plays well. But what are the odds of that?

If he continues to suck, which at this point is the base case, they will be increasingly ruthless.

Here is a good Don LeGreca meltdown about this incident. He starts talking about the actual quote at approximately the 4 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DR37CmVlY

Giantleap56

I'm okay with Neil and what he said. It's his right, fans can say whatever they want. So Neil can too that is his right we have a thing called freedom of speech. You don't think this guy knows his play has been unexceptional. Everyone is frustrated including the players, it's their livelihood on the line. I'm a believer the media in NY makes it harder to play anything in NY. They love negativity and rants get far more hits than good times. I don't want Neil to apologize I want him to stick to his stance and not withdraw from it. Go out on the field and focus on his craft. Don't give the media any material because they live to tear people down. That reporter could have easily said this a young kid, if I post this it may ruin him and his career in NY.
I'm not going to blame Neil. He is a young kid, people need to stop the BS. Especially these Media guys who just want to sensationalize everything to the point of cancellation of the person.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Giantleap56 on October 05, 2023, 08:43:32 AMI'm not going to blame Neil. He is a young kid, people need to stop the BS.

Not going to blame him for what he decided to say? He's a fully grown man. He knows what he said.

Nobody here thinks he doesn't have a right to say what he wants. But I think people can judge him for it with justification.

Is it the end of the world? Of course not. Everyone makes mistakes. But for a guy who has been as bad as he has and who is making the money he is making despite being terrible on the field to choose to belittle blue collar fans who are paying his salary is in pretty poor taste and pretty poor judgment. And I personally feel he can be blamed for it. Who else is to blame? Was Toney also not to be blamed for his negative comments towards fans? His weren't nearly as bad, and how long did he last?

uconnjack8

The only way this passes is if Neal makes the jump Thomas made in his 2nd year.  He certainly isn't on that trajectory right now.

TDToomer

It's not a good look and he will learn from this. Screaming "trade him" is short sighted and not the best course. We would be selling very low for one. The alternatives on the roster are worse.

I really like License Plate guy. I wonder if he lurks here. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

FL GMAN

He's a 24/25 year old kid. Who hasn't made mistakes at that age. He's frustrated and probably experiencing failure at football for the first time in his life. I think some fans need to get a life with this unreal overreaction. IMHO the radio guy is a POS.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: FL GMAN on October 05, 2023, 09:54:35 AMHe's a 24/25 year old kid. Who hasn't made mistakes at that age. He's frustrated and probably experiencing failure at football for the first time in his life. I think some fans need to get a life with this unreal overreaction. IMHO the radio guy is a POS.

24 years old is not a kid by any stretch. He's a grown ass man who absolutely should know better.

Degrading someone because of the job they do shows a HUGE lack of character. And speaking in those terms about the people who, in essence, pay his salary makes it even worse. And making those comments when he is playing TERRIBLY is the icing on this turd sandwich.

Agree that he should be benched, for his comments and his terrible play. Plug Ez in at RT and see what he can do.

Rambo89

Quote from: TDToomer on October 05, 2023, 09:49:14 AMIt's not a good look and he will learn from this. Screaming "trade him" is short sighted and not the best course. We would be selling very low for one. The alternatives on the roster are worse.

I really like License Plate guy. I wonder if he lurks here. 

Agreed.  Everyone makes mistakes especially in a situation like this.  As long as this is a one time thing it's not a big deal.  I am more concerned about his overall play than this.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

TDToomer

Quote from: Stringer Bell on October 05, 2023, 10:00:10 AM24 years old is not a kid by any stretch. He's a grown ass man who absolutely should know better.

I so agree that he is not a kid.  24-25 year olds are 2-3 years into their post college professional careers. Some are married, parents or ready for kids (especially back in the day, less so now). In other sports like NBA and NHL 24 year olds are considered veterans!
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs