News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Thursday Injury Report

Started by MightyGiants, October 05, 2023, 03:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Jordan Raanan
@JordanRaanan
The #Giants injury report again shows that 3 offensive linemen didn't practice. LT Andrew Thomas, C John Michael Schmitz and G Shane Lemieux almost certainly aren't going to be able to play Sunday vs. #Dolphins.

As for RB Saquon Barkley (ankle), he's feeling better but was limited for the second consecutive day. Not overly optimistic on that one either after hearing Barkley speak, even though he said he was in a "better spot" than he was last week.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

As long as Brightwell can play, we're ok. Brightwell can play right?  /sarcasm/
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Woody

Barkley not playing this week will confirm he is on trading block. 
Trade is likely at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Woody on October 05, 2023, 08:19:39 PMBarkley not playing this week will confirm he is on trading block. 
Trade is likely at this point.

Unless a deal is already done, why would they hold him back from playing if he is healthy? Wouldn't they want the rest of the league to see that he is well enough to be effective right now if they're trying to move him? And if he's not fully healed yet, why try to move him now, as opposed to two to three weeks from now, given the deadline is the 31st of Oct?

Woody

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 05, 2023, 08:26:40 PMUnless a deal is already done, why would they hold him back from playing if he is healthy? Wouldn't they want the rest of the league to see that he is well enough to be effective right now if they're trying to move him? And if he's not fully healed yet, why try to move him now, as opposed to two to three weeks from now, given the deadline is the 31st of Oct?
Not if deal is pending. 

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Woody on October 05, 2023, 09:26:53 PMNot if deal is pending. 

There's no deal pending. No one is burning up their phone lines for an expensive, injured RB who will be a free agent at year's end.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Do we know whether it's possible for the Giants to put Thomas on IR retroactively?
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

TDToomer

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 06, 2023, 11:49:40 AMDo we know whether it's possible for the Giants to put Thomas on IR retroactively?

Yes and the answer is no.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs