News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Trying to put together a postive spin on things

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, October 06, 2023, 05:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

First off...let me explain what I'd like from the Giants. To put a competitive team on the field so I can be entertained. Win or lose...at least entertain me! I'm not one who believes winning the Super Bowl every year is entertaining, but it is nice to get one now and then, even if only once a decade. Trouble is, right now the team is not competitive, nor is it exciting, nor is it entertaining. But hope springs eternal...or so they say. The only sport where hope never dies no matter how often one fails is "fishing". You cast a hundred times and not even a nibble, yet with the very next cast, we have absolute renewed hope as great as our first cast. Unfortunately, it feels like we're fishing in a fish-free zone in a backyard swimming pool with the current state of this team

So I'm trying to put a list of positives together (short as it may be), especially considering we don't get many breaks in the upcoming schedule (at Miami [coming off a smarting defeat], then at the Bills, etc) so there could be more than a fair share of bitching on here for the next couple of weeks. I'm prepared for that anyway

Okay...the list

1) I still believe in Schoen and Daboll to execute corrective measures (that might include dumping Bobby Johnson and bringing in a proven OL coach). I guarantee that Schoen and Daboll are more upset that any of us fans...and a lot smarter
2) We have a lot of young players that are going to be getting valuable field time, and they will be better next year and the year after...barring serious injuries...knock on wood
3) Our draft position will most likely garner a top ten pick and put us near the front for each round
4) If I understand correctly, we are going to have plenty of cap room to fix some serious problems
5) I expect some coaching turnover (although Wink might not be so hot a candidate if he doesn't get our defense turned around) which should bring a less predictable game plan...knock on wood
6) "At least we ain't the Cowboys". I had a technician at my house a couple of weeks ago, and we got to talking football. Low and behold, he was a life-long, die-hard Cowboy fan, and this was on the heels of a complete ass-whooping on our own field, under the lights for the whole world to witness. He asked me if I wanted to compare records. My response, "only if you want to talk Super Bowl victories in the last quarter-century"...which made him laugh. He said, "HA...nooo!...best comeback I've ever heard from a Giants' fan...let's not go there...LOL"
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Bob In PA

Jolly: Well done. My your wishes all be granted.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Ric,

I appreciate your efforts to stay positive  =D>
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE